OKWIN SW area P25 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Control channel 859.7125, NAC:920, System ID and Site number: 092Ch-0142 is how my scanner is reading it out.

nd5y

Another good band opening this morning. I let Unitrunker run on the Mangum site for over an hour. I don't know if it was receiving a good signal the whole time but only got 3 hits on TG 2761.

It picked up the callsign as 8K10F1D. I don't know if that is the Motorola default, a joke, or incompetence.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know only OHP & EMSA will be on that site, why? Is beyond me but that's above my pay grade ;)

nd5y

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I must've done something right then. Bakers peak is next.

When is OKC? lol
I knew it wouldnt be before July at the earliest. If you could hint that would be great because im tired of our noisy channels lol

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
NY5D,

Tried sending you a message, but it wouldn't go through. If you have a minute could you read this and give me your advice?

I was wondering if I could get some programming advice from you for the Lawton area, as I will be arriving there 21 July for work, and of course will have my scanners.

For OHP would I be better off programming the OKWIN P25 system? And I see for Comanche County only the Elgin site is listed - is that all I will need to program? Or should I program in the Walters site also?

For Lawton and Comanche County I'm still better off with the OKWIN Motorola Type II system? Correct?

Thanks - I appreciate your time.

Mike

nd5y

Tried sending you a message, but it wouldn't go through.
I have PM disabled. That's why it didn't work.
Since you already got a good answer I can only add that there seems to be a lot of Lawton area talkgroups that are not listed in the db. I can't receive that site most of the time. Almost every time I run Unitrunker on it I find another talkgroup that isn't in the db. Some are in the wiki - Oklahoma Wireless Information Network (OKWIN) - Unconfirmed or Unidentified Talkgroups by Site - The RadioReference Wiki

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks, Tom, I appreciate the added info. I'll have to have at least three scanners with me!

Jon1984

Premium Subscriber
Looks like oklahoma city police is on the oklahoma wireless p25 phase 1 system talk group is 3247 I was doing search and found it they are running off the norman site

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
Mangum has been up for a three weeks or so now. the only think i have heard so far is OHP. Does anyone know who is going to be on the Mangum tower besides OHP?

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
I would doubt EMSA would be on it they don’t respond to sw Oklahoma.... my understanding is OHP and SEMA (state emergency management). This is from a pretty reliable source....

Status
Not open for further replies.