OKWIN SW area P25 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I was referring to the possibility of either elk city or Clinton getting a site, meaning since troop h headquarters is out of Clinton it would make sense to have one right there on the tower directly next to the headquarters building.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Is this the site south of mangum on highway 34?

Attachments

• 20200107_144952.jpg
    20200107_144952.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 25

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah no idea why they put those on there. Same with Clinton talkgroups, there isn't a tower anywhere close to Clinton

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I just wish they would complete the whole package with P25 to include OKC area as well. I heard several stories that OKC will be a loooooong time coming because there are so many radios to “fix.” So many states have complete coverage with their systems but we skimp and only do 1/3rd!

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
I'm with you 100% on them needing to build out the whole system where its needed.

nd5y

So, who decides to put these new TG’s in RR? Does someone know something about the new towers activating?
Some user submitted them. The DB admins add whatever is submitted.
Unless they are in the location of the submission and can personally confirm the data, the admins have no way to tell if submissions are real or fake.

They could have set up the system with TGs for the whole state years ago, even in areas where the system wasn't built out yet. Maybe somebody got a hold of some inside information.

If there were any new towers added recently then somebody who is smart enough to check the FCC data for new applications and licenses every day, or do a band search for new control channels, would probably post something.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
I was always curious on how somebody did a query on new FCC licenses for new towers such as the one down in mangum, or around the state.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I just wish they would complete the whole package with P25 to include OKC area as well. I heard several stories that OKC will be a loooooong time coming because there are so many radios to “fix.” So many states have complete coverage with their systems but we skimp and only do 1/3rd!

OKC is one of the biggest sites to upgrade. Its expensive and will be a chuck of time. No idea exactly when.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
They could have set up the system with TGs for the whole state years ago, even in areas where the system wasn't built out yet. Maybe somebody got a hold of some inside information.

i can advise that whoever programs a lot of radios using the OKWIN system do already have both zones for both systems in them. They have been in many radios for several years by several agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.