OKWIN SW area P25 progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
The Velma site shows phase II capable but the Walters site which they just converted shows phase I.

Maybe capable but idk who would be using phase two. Most of the state agencies dont have the money to upgrade radios for phase two capability. My own town are still using XTS5000's

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
As of yesterday no such luck on the mangum site, no control channel or anything was heard. And I was sitting right next to it.

Bastrop1

It's in a really crap spot in my opinion and only 20' tall so reach is close to nothing. I wish they would put up a tower in clinton or elk city already.
Its only 20' high, but its on a 400' mountain so it gives us the best coverage than any other tower in the state. It's on the Bakers peak hill in the wildlife management area. Don't judge the tower by its height, judge it by it's elevation.

Bastrop1

Bakers peak should be P-25 soon. We are waiting for the weather to get good enough so we can go to the site and do the upgrade. It's in a location that requires more than normal resources to get the job done. I think the next couple weeks if it ever stops raining.

Bastrop1

Can anybody confirm if Baker peak switched to P25 yet?
Today Lawton and Walters are still type II. Baker Peak is showing as a neighbor on Walters but not on Lawton as it usually does.
I haven't been able to receive Baker Peak for a few years. They may have moved it or something.
Not yet, we should have it done in the next couple of weeks.

nd5y

Its only 20' high, but its on a 400' mountain so it gives us the best coverage than any other tower in the state. It's on the Bakers peak hill in the wildlife management area. Don't judge the tower by its height, judge it by it's elevation.
Did they move it or change antennas a few years ago?
I used to be able to receive it almost all the time until 3 or 4 years ago.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
So I dont really dont know much about the western side of the state when it comes to OKWIN but I was in New Cordell yesterday for work and tried all of the SmartZone channels and P25 I channels for SW and NW and was unable to get affiliation with any tower from both truck radio and portable. I know OHP still uses low band out there so im wondering is OKWIN not built for full coverage of western OK?

Bastrop1

So I dont really dont know much about the western side of the state when it comes to OKWIN but I was in New Cordell yesterday for work and tried all of the SmartZone channels and P25 I channels for SW and NW and was unable to get affiliation with any tower from both truck radio and portable. I know OHP still uses low band out there so im wondering is OKWIN not built for full coverage of western OK?
No it's all low band in that area.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
There is a VHF repeater in Beckham County Located west of Sayre 4 miles its in all the OHP units VHF radios ( all troop H cars have xpr 2500 or 5550e Radios along with Kenwood TK690H-3 Low Bands) and also in the clinton troop headquarters or it was awhile back. however they never use it.... it is still up and operational as of today. not sure why the money was waisted on this if no one is going to use it... its my understanding there is one at clinton also not being used..these have been in service for 10+ years. if anyone wants the freq's and tone just let me know.

bbpowers92

Premium Subscriber
There is a VHF repeater in Beckham County Located west of Sayre 4 miles its in all the OHP units VHF radios ( all troop H cars have xpr 2500 or 5550e Radios along with Kenwood TK690H-3 Low Bands) and also in the clinton troop headquarters or it was awhile back. however they never use it.... it is still up and operational as of today. not sure why the money was waisted on this if no one is going to use it... its my understanding there is one at clinton also not being used..these have been in service for 10+ years. if anyone wants the freq's and tone just let me know.
Yes I'd like to know what they are if you wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.