Old Bridge Trunking and Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
I have the Old Bridge Trunking system programmed in my 996P2 and working. I see there are some fireground conventional frequencies also in use. I just added the 4 township fireground frequencies to the trunking system frequency list to see if it works. I really do not want to add a separate conventional system just for fireground. Are there any other solutions to this?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No. Trunked and conventional must be kept separate in the scanner. Adding the fireground frequencies to the trunked system frequency list is counterproductive.

You can assign them both the same quick key, if you wish, but they will scan as two separate systems. The scanner will dwell on the trunked system for 2 seconds, then check the conventional fireground, then go back to the trunked system, etc.

TheLeaper

WB2HKK
Premium Subscriber
No. Trunked and conventional must be kept separate in the scanner. Adding the fireground frequencies to the trunked system frequency list is counterproductive.

You can assign them both the same quick key, if you wish, but they will scan as two separate systems. The scanner will dwell on the trunked system for 2 seconds, then check the conventional fireground, then go back to the trunked system, etc.
I have just learned something new. So I can program another conventional system as Fireground, assign it the same system quick key as the Old Bridge trunk system, and the 996P2 will scan BOTH systems? Great!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yup, no problem assigning the same QK to multiple systems of mixed type. Just note that priority does not work across systems, so when the scanner is on the trunked system there's no way for it to be aware of a transmission on a fireground frequency. Likewise, if the scanner is stopped on a fireground frequency, it won't be checking any talkgroups set for priority on the trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.