Central New York Interoperable Communication
Consortium (CNYICC) to the west. The SICG would supply
Herkimer County with a P25 VHF Trunking Backbone and
would also greatly improve interoperability by installing
National Interoperability Frequencies at our main
communications sites. Herkimer County will also install an
enhanced Communications Dispatch System at the County
Dispatch Center.
Looks to me like you cited a grant application. They have no plans to implement a P25 trunked system. They have completed their communications project which installed the National Interop channels and an analog simulcast radio system.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
Looks to me like you cited a grant application. They have no plans to implement a P25 trunked system. They have completed their communications project which installed the National Interop channels and an analog simulcast radio system.

I understand but why did they say P25 trunking backbone is that for the national system correct

KE2BJW

KE2BJW

Thanks for the help :)

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
@Jasonr80 lets look at this in another way that maybe you will understand. Lots of radio stuff is dependent on grants. Most if not all the grants specify P25. If an agency buys an APX8000 radio on a grant is must be P25 compliant. Nothing says it MUST have P25 in it. Granted many would not order an APX radio without P25 but in reality they can. I dealt with agencies like this back in my shop days and heck back when i sold gear I sold P25 "compliant" radios that the flash to go to P25 cost more than the radio but it satisfied the grant specifications.

So with Herkimer its very possible they applied for a grant as @Disp46 mentioned for use of something P25 related. Heck control stations at a dispatch site would be "backbone" to some extent.

On the other side why do you want Herkimer to go P25 ? P25 incorporates both trunking and conventional. Maybe they plan a conventional law channel on P25 for TAC. Who knows what the real grant application is for. Just enjoy being able to listen to what you can while you can.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
@Jasonr80 lets look at this in another way that maybe you will understand. Lots of radio stuff is dependent on grants. Most if not all the grants specify P25. If an agency buys an APX8000 radio on a grant is must be P25 compliant. Nothing says it MUST have P25 in it. Granted many would not order an APX radio without P25 but in reality they can. I dealt with agencies like this back in my shop days and heck back when i sold gear I sold P25 "compliant" radios that the flash to go to P25 cost more than the radio but it satisfied the grant specifications.

So with Herkimer its very possible they applied for a grant as @Disp46 mentioned for use of something P25 related. Heck control stations at a dispatch site would be "backbone" to some extent.

On the other side why do you want Herkimer to go P25 ? P25 incorporates both trunking and conventional. Maybe they plan a conventional law channel on P25 for TAC. Who knows what the real grant application is for. Just enjoy being able to listen to what you can while you can.

Well thanks for given me full detail and this is how we learn is by asking question's is why I was always had sound like I have repeated the same topic how ever I only was just looking for a reason and understanding and then you gave me the information I was looking for and I do agree that grants are a plan and thing's can change some say Herkimer county will never go digital but who stated this could be wrong because it just depends and for Herkimer to be a small town they would not really need a trunking system so is why the current is analog simulcast how ever they still could have P25 for some stuff and I never said I wanted them to be P25 I was only stating the fact of what the grant said and I just wanted to know what they meant but now I understand the reasons and all we can do is enjoy what it is and if they decide to go that direction then they can change.Thanks for the information

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
Adirondack Regional Interoperable Communications Consortium
Chairman: Glen Gosnell, Washington County
Counties: Albany, Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, St. Lawrence, Warren, Washington

So your point is what? @Disp46 asked where your information came from? I guarantee your information did not come from ARICC Chairman.

KE2BJW

KE2BJW
So your point is what? @Disp46 asked where your information came from? I guarantee your information did not come from ARICC Chairman.

never mind I was mis understood by someone else but all set on the information Disp46 told me and the rest
of the people and also it can get confusing when I get different source of information so it can happen and
I was mis understood but I am all set with the information and the case is closed...

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
The CNYICC Annsville tower is finally on-line. The signal into the northwest part of Oneida County is strong. I wonder if/when the local fire departments (e.g. Camden Fire) will make the switch from their analog radios. Hopefully there is funding available to help finance the upgrades.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
Did anyone else notice the Oneida County CNYICC system switched control channel (CC) frequencies from 151.010 to 151.085 MHz. I realize this is supposed to a normal thing, but I have never seen the CC move before. I noticed it today because my SDS100 only had one frequency loaded and it was quiet on my ride into Rome today. Yah, I fixed it to include two CC frequencies for Oneida County. :D

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The Oneida cell, like most ASTRO 25 systems, has four control-capable channels. You really ought to have them all programmed (same goes for the other cells). While it's pretty rare for ASTRO 25 control channels to roll, it does happen occasionally due to system maintenance or for a variety of issues that could cause a roll.

Prospect62

As of the present moment, can anybody list what sites are currently active on this system? Floyd and Annsville have got to be online by now but I never noticed any appreciable change in anything, quite honestly.

I also find it interesting that all of Oneida County's analog is still going strong. By now, I'd have to assume that the vast majority of public safety agencies in the county have been forced to transition to P25 digital equipment yet the analog system is still on the air and (as it always has) sounds great.

I know several first responders who routinely have to switch to the analog system on their portables due to poor digital coverage, especially indoors. Perhaps the analog isn't going anywhere after all.

Prospect62

Did anyone else notice the Oneida County CNYICC system switched control channel (CC) frequencies from 151.010 to 151.085 MHz. I realize this is supposed to a normal thing, but I have never seen the CC move before. I noticed it today because my SDS100 only had one frequency loaded and it was quiet on my ride into Rome today. Yah, I fixed it to include two CC frequencies for Oneida County. :D
Oneida County is still on 151.085 for the CC.

I wonder what the story is with that.

k2hz

Database Admin
Oneida County is still on 151.085 for the CC.

I wonder what the story is with that.
With the added sites there may have been some factor that made 151.085 the better choice for the CC. Co-channel interference from or to other users can be an issue on VHF or there may be other concerns. Apparently the change is working so that is the CC at least for now.

Many system routinely rotate the CC or change it briefly when doing maintenance so it could change at any time for any reason.