Oneida & Herkimer dispatch

k2hz

Database Admin
I added new Frequencies how come i don't hear anything on them was wondering
The North and South Operations may still be in the testing phase and not in routine use yet. Also, they would likely by active only during an actual incident in progress. The TAC frequencies would also be in use only during an incident and, since they are simplex, would only be heard in the immediate vicinity of the incident.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I just did a RRDB Herkimer County update adding new frequencies and revising the descriptions for existing ones for the new system.

Does anyone know the PL for 156.2025 County Building Maintenance?

I have three hits on 156.2025 with no tone noted. I'll give it another few days of monitoring to ensure this is Herkimer County I'm hearing.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
KE2BJW If your talking about 151.1825 I have only heard the testing and no talk from dispatch so far. For the amount of testing maybe there are issues!

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
KE2BJW If your talking about 151.1825 I have only heard the testing and no talk from dispatch so far. For the amount of testing maybe there are issues!
Or perhaps OES is doing all the testing to ensure that it has the coverage they want, before they get it rolled out to all the agencies? I have no doubt that OES is doing their due diligence.

k2hz

Database Admin
There are two things going on with Herkimer County, implementation of a radio system upgrade to add new North and South Operations repeaters and exploring possible integration of Herkimer dispatch with Oneida County.

Implementation of a new radio system is not a simple take it out of the box and plug it in matter. A well done implementation requires several phases for success.

1. Install and preliminary test new sites, consoles and associated systems.

2. System integration - For a multi-site system extensive testing and adjustment is required to synchronize and optimize the sites to insure the desired coverage.

3. User radios must be reprogrammed and/or new radios purchased and installed to work with the new system.

4. Finalize operational plans and user training prior to cutover.

In the case of Herkimer, I am sure this is also being done with consideration of the possible dispatch integration with Oneida. At this point, I suspect Herkimer is just in the system test and integration phase and there is much work to be done before it is in regular service.

There was a post on here at the time of first testing of one of the new frequencies that led to speculation about integration with Oneida. As a result of this discussion, I was contacted independently by 2 sources (who will remain anonymous) involved with the program to provide facts about what was actually going on. This included a list of the designated purpose of the various frequencies involved, both the new frequencies for the repeaters and re-designation of existing Tac channels. I updated the RRDB with this info so listeners would be aware of what to expect to hear in the future but I was not given any specific dates when the new system would be operational.

So, it appears at this time, there will be a lot of testing and some time before an official in service date. I suspect there is much work still to be done and issues to resolve before a date is announced. We are fortunate that I am receiving information to minimize speculation about what is happening. As soon as anything new develops it will be on here and in the RRDB if appropriate.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
I have three hits on 156.2025 with no tone noted. I'll give it another few days of monitoring to ensure this is Herkimer County I'm hearing.
I noticed I had that freq locked out on all my scanners, and found out why it kept stoping on it but all I hear is what sounds like someone keying there mic. As far as tone here is what has popped up so far and I have no idea why so many I have never had this happen before 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe someone can explain!

192.8 / 179.9 / 156.7 / 110.9 / 127.3 / 118.?
And all this was in a 3hr period. I will try on Monday when they are working to see what comes up.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Today Monday I heard 151.825 at least twice with 162.2 it sounded like State Police asking the 911 Center about roads with flooding in the area that needed to be checked. Signal was very clear!