OP25 (boatbod) Dual Channel Metadata Question

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber
Dear Fellow Scholars,

In scouring the forums, I found a user that was able to give an example liquidsoap script for separating TWO "channels" (defined in multi_rx.py json) into left and right channels for ONE stream (please see the post here). Seeing as most mobile devices (tablets, etc) are unable to stream more than one "stream" at a time, and VLC on a PC does not allow you to balance to the left/right anymore (seriously??) per VLC instance, this leads me to believe this may be the best approach (TG1 on the left, TG2 on the right as an example). Great! My question(s) are:

1) How can you have the metadata show in the respective player for BOTH the left and/or the right channel? For instance, we only see %TGID%, but not %TGID2% or anything in the json config? If this doesn't exist already, it seems like it would be a bit of effort to code this in since each "channel" was likely intended to be a separate unit. Maybe feeding both into icecast will work if it causes it to go back and forth?

2) Is it possible to grab the radio ID as part of the metadata? I do not see an %RID% option or similar, but surely something like this would already exist and I am just overlooking it?

Thanks for your time

boatbod

Such meta behavior doesn't exist presently and I think it might be difficult to achieve inside op25 since that doesn't comprehend left & right channels, just separate feeds.

RID might not be hard to add. I'll take a look when I get some time.

boatbod

RID might not be hard to add. I'll take a look when I get some time.
RID and RTAG have been added. In the latter case RTAG is only supported by multi_rx.py. Formatting is defined in meta.json (rx.py) or cfg.json (multi_rx.py).