OP25 OP25 on RPi hangs when audio is piped to an local audio device

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA1RBI

Hey Ron

Sounds like you've been making some progress in getting OP25 going.

As to the specific issue of the crash after 20 minutes, I've been trying (without success) to duplicate this problem here. It's fairly rare that I can dial up the same tsys as the one in question. Not sure what to say other than to have you confirm that the pi heatsinks are installed. I don't know for sure but I've kind of convinced myself that's what caused my previous unit to fail....

Anyway, I'd be very interested if you have the time (and capability) to get on 2 meters sometime and hear more about your efforts! lmk

Max

WB2WGH

Hey Ron

Sounds like you've been making some progress in getting OP25 going.

As to the specific issue of the crash after 20 minutes, I've been trying (without success) to duplicate this problem here. It's fairly rare that I can dial up the same tsys as the one in question. Not sure what to say other than to have you confirm that the pi heatsinks are installed. I don't know for sure but I've kind of convinced myself that's what caused my previous unit to fail....

Anyway, I'd be very interested if you have the time (and capability) to get on 2 meters sometime and hear more about your efforts! lmk

Max
Max,
I put OP25 on the back burner as still no progress on resolving audio issue. I want to try a different dongle (currently using FunCube Pro Plus). Right now I've given the setup to another ham, Keith, and he's going to play with it to see if he can find a solution. Yes, I have 2M capability. Usually not active on 2M but have capability home and in the car. Email is good on QRZ and we can exchange contact info that way if you'd like.

73, Ron

LocoEnCoco

Premium Subscriber
Max,
I put OP25 on the back burner as still no progress on resolving audio issue. I want to try a different dongle (currently using FunCube Pro Plus). Right now I've given the setup to another ham, Keith, and he's going to play with it to see if he can find a solution. Yes, I have 2M capability. Usually not active on 2M but have capability home and in the car. Email is good on QRZ and we can exchange contact info that way if you'd like.

73, Ron
I had my RPI 3b (not the +) setup and running and receiving all the talkgroups I wanted but I too am having trouble getting the audio out of the headset jack, I'm gonna keep working out this because I'd like to be able to setup the Pi with a speaker and be able to pick and choose what I listen to and when.

boatbod

I had my RPI 3b (not the +) setup and running and receiving all the talkgroups I wanted but I too am having trouble getting the audio out of the headset jack, I'm gonna keep working out this because I'd like to be able to setup the Pi with a speaker and be able to pick and choose what I listen to and when.
What are your rx.py command line settings?
Are you starting the app from a terminal or at boot time?
Can you post the beginnings of your stderr.2 log file down to the line "audio device".

LocoEnCoco

Premium Subscriber
What are your rx.py command line settings?
Are you starting the app from a terminal or at boot time?
Can you post the beginnings of your stderr.2 log file down to the line "audio device".
I ended up just flashing a new image of raspian and starting over. I found somewhere on another forum that other people had trouble with the audio out analog as well and someone mentioned the sudo rpi-update for the firmware might screw with the kernel ect. Prior to installing op25 or doing any projects on the pi I always run the three update commands - sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade, sudo rpi-update.

Like I said I started over from scratch but this time I did not run the rpi-update and followed the op25 tutorail again and bodda-bing works as advertised and have audio out of the headphone jack and a RPI3B :)

Status
Not open for further replies.