Openmhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnrick

Is anyone able to go to openmhz.com this morning? I was unable to on my desktop, says they have a expired certificate. Got my laptop out and same thing, then tried on my phone and no go there either so it is definitely a problem with that website.

I listen to the local feeds on that site a lot, hopefully they get it fixed soon.

I have two scanners but live in the far SW metro and cannot get a lot other than what is on the Carver/Scott system. Ever since I learned about Openmhz.com I have listened daily and I like how I can easily customize it for what I want to listen to.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Seems like they've resolved their issue. Or at least it's working for me. Have you looked at the new Broadcastify Calls feature yet? Works like openmhz in that you can create custom playlists but more granulated since you add based on talkgroups and can do so from any system that's being fed, not just predefined playlists on a single system. Still in early development stages so I expect more features coming. Much of the metro is already fed into the system as due to the way Calls has been set up and many sites up there simulcast, pretty much all talkgroups are getting captured.

Last edited:

mnrick

The site eventually did come back up. Looks like it was down from about 7:23 AM to 3:00 PM. Looking at several feeds there is no traffic in that time frame.

I will check out the new Broadcastify feature, thanks for letting me know about it. I listen to Broadcastify once in awhile, just had it up on Friday listening to some FDNY, every year they announce moments of silence at the times the towers were hit and when they collapsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.