Orange County system issues

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So is this something that can be shut off or did something break in the controller?
My money is on something is broken as you can't not broadcast the band plan on a MSI core (unless something changed very recently). I don't know about brands, but a MSI subscriber doesn't need the OTA bandplan. So if that's all they have no one would notice...but I wonder if Voyence or the site controller is throwing alarms???

Alright so I retract my previous statement about my SDRtrunk working fine. It has now essentially gone deaf to Site 1.1, every other site is fine though.

SDRtrunk is decoding the control channel 100%, no sync loss, but not getting ANY voice traffic, encrypted or not.
Something bizarre is definitely happening, not just to Unications.

Edited to add that DSDplus Fastlane is doing the same thing

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Are you seeing call grants? If they're not broadcasting the bandplans anymore, I would think you would see call grants but no voice of any kind since the radio doesn't know where to go to listen.

Are you seeing call grants? If they're not broadcasting the bandplans anymore, I would think you would see call grants but no voice of any kind since the radio doesn't know where to go to listen.
Site 1.1 is not broadcasting the band plan, If I let the control just sit there, it will eventually show channel grants, but just with a "FADE" message, despite the fact that I am 100% for sure in full signal coverage of the system. Other sites are broadcasting the bandplan, and have zero issues.

@mikewazowski mind you this is a very large, very active system, particularly this site. 90%+ of the messages that come through right now since the bandplan stopped getting transmitted are just channel affiliations and such.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
@mikewazowski mind you this is a very large, very active system, particularly this site. 90%+ of the messages that come through right now since the bandplan stopped getting transmitted are just channel affiliations and such.
I know the system very well. Sounds like for whatever reason, the site has stopped broadcasting the bandplan. Anything that doesn't have the ability to enter a bandplan such as a Unication pager, will have issues.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I have to hand it to the system engineers, the guys who planned out the Orange system coverage and the techs who adjust it really nailed it. Coming into OC from Brevard, I always pick up the OC system within just one mile (on a portable radio) of hitting the Brevard/Orange county line down 520. It's consistent. Not sure how it is at all points at the far extent of county coverage, but what I have seen is that the coverage is more or less exactly tailored to the county's property lines, so to speak. Meanwhile, the Brevard system goes past its required coverage range by many miles.

Darkspace109

Premium Subscriber
talked to unication about this. the short of it is there uints are working fine its a system issuse and nothing they can do.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
talked to unication about this. the short of it is there uints are working fine its a system issuse and nothing they can do.
well if they included the option to enter band plans manually that wouldnt be an issue anymore, makes me think if a system that actually used Unications (I.e. Firefighters) on there systems had this happen it would be a huge problem

CanesFan95

So am I reading this right? The Unications won't work on Orange County because of a non-standard band plan?

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
So am I reading this right? The Unications won't work on Orange County because of a non-standard band plan?
No, that is not correct. Here is where we are as far as I understand it.

Unication radios require the system to transmit the band plan data on the control channel data stream.

Site 1.1 of the OC system (prime site) - for some - as of yet unknown - reason, is no longer transmitting the band plan, so Unication radios are not currently working on the OC system when listening to the prime simulcast site.

this does not affect actual subscriber radios, which have the band plan programmed into them.

TonyOrlando

Premium Subscriber
Well....I'm double checking my setup in PPS but things seem way too quiet. Getting comms on OFD1 and OCFR3 loud & clear but that's about it so far.

U/D...somehow just the OCFR talk groups HEX / DEC values changed place in PPS. OK...now back to your regularly scheduled program

Last edited: