Oregon state radio project

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodian

Feed Provider
I'm curious how much of the Oregon SRP is encrypted? Are you guys having any luck receiving it? OSP in the eugene and springfield area is still broadcasting analog, but ODOT has had a lot less activity on lately, im assuming they're all in on P25 now. Also, is the Radio Shack Pro-96 compatible with the P25 Phase II system? If not, What are you guys using?

goodian

Feed Provider
Ok so I’m assuming you recommend all of these? I’m aware of which ones will receive Phase II, but I’m looking for recommendations. I used the Pro-96 for the county Phase I system, as I was also a radio tech working on the system. But I wasn’t sure if there any issues with the SRP Harris system working with any modern scanners.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I have a BCD436HP and 536HP, both work well. I have not had my hands on the SDS line so I can not speak to the benefit of the extra expense.

Ben

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately much of Lane County is encrypted. But to receive other stuff on the OSRP you really do need a Phase II capable scanner. I've been able to pick up quite a bit with a PSR-500, but it is only Phase I. I tried a TRX-1, which is Phase II, but was not happy with it. It looks like the only real choice out there is SDS-100 or SDS-200. If you want something in between, then there is the BCD325P2 or BCD996P2, but they can't handle multi-site systems.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
BCD325P2 or BCD996P2, but they can't handle multi-site systems.

Yes they can. I have a 325P2 and I listen to the state system and several other multi-site trunked systems with it.

The BCD436HP and BCD536HP will also listen to this system. I have those as well.

Unication G4/G5 digital pagers will also do fairly well on the system.

The only encryption on the system are some Oregon State Police tactical talkgroups, Deschutes County law enforcement, and Lane County law enforcement. OSP dispatch and ODOT are not encrypted as well as many patch talkgroups to various city/county systems but the linked talkgroups don't sound very well since most are converting analog to digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.