Oshawa Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesman905

Was wondering if anyone could explain this. For the last few months while monitoring the Oshawa system I keep hearing the control channel noise. Seems to be random and lasts 30-45 seconds and is annoying to the point that I don't listen to it much. This is local stuff for me and was wondering if there is a way to stop it? Occurs on both my 250's as well as a 785D.

imcleish

Have not had any episodes of what you are describing on my BC246T or my BCD996T. Are you seeing a talk group when this occurs. About 4 months ago Ajax and Pickering went to MOSCAD Dispatch via the trunk system, similar to Whitby and Oshawa, this did create a new talk group. MOSCAD sounds squaky??, like a cross between a dial up modem and a control channel.

Hope this helps...

bluesman905

imcleish said:
Have not had any episodes of what you are describing on my BC246T or my BCD996T. Are you seeing a talk group when this occurs. About 4 months ago Ajax and Pickering went to MOSCAD Dispatch via the trunk system, similar to Whitby and Oshawa, this did create a new talk group. MOSCAD sounds squaky??, like a cross between a dial up modem and a control channel.

Hope this helps...
That is exacly what it sounds like!
I didn't notice if a T.G came up or not and as luck would have it I have turned the bank back on and have yet to hear the noise. If in fact it is the T.G's your speaking of can they be deleated or will i loose transmissions?
Thanks for your help imcleish

imcleish

Yes,

You can lock out the ID's associated with the MOSCAD Dispatch system. The 2 ID's are 2448 (Oshawa/Whitby) and 2512 (Ajax/Pickering), there is never any voice transmissions on these ID's. To not hear them either enter them into your programming and lock them out, or hit L/O when they appear on the sreen and they will be auto stored as locked out ID's. For reference here is the system: http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2396

Ian

bluesman905

Thanks again for the nudge in the right direction, sometimes get so busy that it didn't occur to me to look for updates to the db. I've also been locking out T.G's for some time due to the same issues with noise but these ones are 5 or 6 digits starting with either 70xxxx or 74xxxx (can't remember which) are these related also? I've been wondering if it was some kind of interference on the system due to location etc.

MetalCarnage

bluesman905 said:
Thanks again for the nudge in the right direction, sometimes get so busy that it didn't occur to me to look for updates to the db. I've also been locking out T.G's for some time due to the same issues with noise but these ones are 5 or 6 digits starting with either 70xxxx or 74xxxx (can't remember which) are these related also? I've been wondering if it was some kind of interference on the system due to location etc.

That has something to do with the system ID i think someone was telling me, none theless , they definitly arent talkgroups, just mostly interference crap

bluesman905

I just reviewed the lock outs and they are showing up as I-Calls, strange. :confused:

If it's my mother ship they are five years early....i'm not quite done here yet :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.