Ouachita Parish "Channels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Ouachita listeners,

Over the last few months; I have been studying up on how agencies in the parish use their radios. I have discovered that all local agencies refer to their radio programming by "channels" and not what they are used for. Where in Bossier City you would hear "switch to Tac 1" or similar; here you will hear Channel 2, 3, 5, etc.. To us listeners, this is not helpful to follow at times.

After compiling endless recordings, notes, etc. I have had the database updated to reflect these channels. There are still several things missing such as:

More WMPD channels
OPSO channels after #2
MPD channels after #5
MFD channels after #2
OPFD channels after #3
WMFD channels after #2

For example, I know Monroe Fire has at least 1 more fire tac but I've yet to identify it. Same for OPFD and WMFD. And so on..

If you happen to hear these channel numbers followed by a positive match on a talkgroup (identified or not), please either submit or post here. That way the next time someone says "switch to channel 7" we won't have to wonder what in the world they are talking about.

Thanks!!

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Slayer816, Is there anyway to get a copy of those recording you have. So that I can update my LWIN UID list.

Major Big thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.