TRX-2: P-25 Phase II simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Those are Zeromatic settings that let the scanner only stop on the exact frequency and not some KHz away.
Only valid during search, not scan. Try using the scanner with that feature disabled and only enable it if you find the
scanner stopping offset of the real frequency during search which will give distorsion and bad reception.

/Ubbe

I think that I have never seen.

ZM Delay
ZM Threshold
ZM Slope

Any ideas on what these settings are?

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
I set the scanner to your setting and the dispatch sounds good majority of the time, but some of the mobiles sound okay but some sound a little high pitch and sound muffle.

As I mentioned in my post, you need to play with it. A lot. My settings weren’t meant to be the the guaranteed solution.Every system is different, every user’s distance from each tower in a specific system is different. Even after trying different settings, probably won’t be perfect. Noticeably better however.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
As I mentioned in my post, you need to play with it. A lot. My settings weren’t meant to be the the guaranteed solution.Every system is different, every user’s distance from each tower in a specific system is different. Even after trying different settings, probably won’t be perfect. Noticeably better however.

Your setting are good and I am playing around with the settings not to off from yours. Thanks,

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Those are Zeromatic settings that let the scanner only stop on the exact frequency and not some KHz away.
Only valid during search, not scan. Try using the scanner with that feature disabled and only enable it if you find the
scanner stopping offset of the real frequency during search which will give distorsion and bad reception.

/Ubbe

Okay thanks, searching will come later after I get the P25 PII sound good.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
What is this

Multi-Site Settings

Data Decode Thresholds: Low High Apply to all Sites

in the Whistler TRX-2 Base-Mobile Digital Scanner Computer Programming System under Trunked System Site Information? It is grayed out.

troymail

Silent Key
What is this

Multi-Site Settings

Data Decode Thresholds: Low High Apply to all Sites

in the Whistler TRX-2 Base-Mobile Digital Scanner Computer Programming System under Trunked System Site Information? It is grayed out.

These are settings for trunk systems that have more than one site.

One of the two values determines when the radio has detected a control channel that meets minimum quality requirements to lock on that CC and the other setting determines when the signal quality has dropped enough that the radio should start looking at other sites for a better signal.

If you are working with a multi-site system, when a sites is selected (clicked on), EZ Scan will allow you to make changes to those settings.

On a signal site system, there isn't another site to check so it doesn't make any sense to change the values.

goodmore

The most influential factor for me on my Phase 1 monitoring is barometric pressure. The weather plays a huge role in my monitoring. Took the best way out. Unification G5.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The most influential factor for me on my Phase 1 monitoring is barometric pressure. The weather plays a huge role in my monitoring. Took the best way out. Unification G5.

I need Phase II option, so hopefully they will have the Phase II out soon.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
These are settings for trunk systems that have more than one site.

One of the two values determines when the radio has detected a control channel that meets minimum quality requirements to lock on that CC and the other setting determines when the signal quality has dropped enough that the radio should start looking at other sites for a better signal.

If you are working with a multi-site system, when a sites is selected (clicked on), EZ Scan will allow you to make changes to those settings.

On a signal site system, there isn't another site to check so it doesn't make any sense to change the values.

Phase II 5 site simulcast system.

fredva

Feed Provider
Each sites have the same frequencies.

If different towers/repeaters have the exact same frequencies, then it is considered one site. In a simulcast system, a site is not a single geographical location. And troymail was trying to explain what those settings were and why they were grayed out - they are primarily for a non-simulcast (aka multi-site) system.

troymail

Silent Key
If different towers/repeaters have the exact same frequencies, then it is considered one site. In a simulcast system, a site is not a single geographical location. And troymail was trying to explain what those settings were and why they were grayed out - they are primarily for a non-simulcast (aka multi-site) system.

Correct -- the term "site" and "tower" are used in several contexts (and always cause confusion).

A non-simulcast system "site" will have a single "tower site".

A simulcast system "site" will have multiple "tower sites".

A multi-site system will have multiple "sites" that may each have one or more "tower sites".

Systems can be a mixture of non-simulcast and simulcast "sites".

If your system has only one "simulcast site" with one set of common frequencies, to the scanners, that is a "one site" system.

Status
Not open for further replies.