P25 decoding with Unitrunker and DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharvey2

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
2,128
Reaction score
1,080
I've searched though many of the posts and haven't been able to find the answers to problems I've encountered. I'm hoping this is the correct forum.

I'm using two NooElec R820T dongles with Unitrunker 1.03 and DSD+ 1.51 to monitor and decode the EBRCS P25 system in the SF Bay Area. I can get about 80%+ decode with a homebrewed corner reflector antenna but I'm hoping to do better. (I suspected I'm running up against simulcast distortion.) I've looked around for the appropriate command line switches to tweak DSD+ but haven't been able to find a good list. There was no *.txt file in my download as some people seen to have. Is there anyplace that has a good list of these, what they accomplish and how to go about implementing them?

Also, in Unitrunker, I'd like to be able to quickly lockout or change the priority levels of different talk groups but have only been able to modify a talk group one at a time. I can select multiple talk groups but any changes made affect only one. As the EBRCS system has upward of 250 groups, this could take a very long time. I thought that cloning a system and adjusting settings for each system might be the way to go but I don't see how to select which system the receivers will use. How have others gone about setting up different sets of groups to monitor and change between them quickly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BHarvey2
 

thegriff

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Hillsboro, OR
Also, in Unitrunker, I'd like to be able to quickly lockout or change the priority levels of different talk groups but have only been able to modify a talk group one at a time. I can select multiple talk groups but any changes made affect only one.
BHarvey2

To change multiples you have to select the lines you want to change and then click the select button on the menu bar; it looks like a magnifying glass. In the resultant dialog you can change the needed settings and it should change all selected rows.
 

bharvey2

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
2,128
Reaction score
1,080
thegriff,

Well, how about that! I tried the multiple selections once and was sure it wasn't working. I tried it using the magnifying glass and sure enough, it works. I guess I just needed another push in the right direction. Thank You!

bharvey2
 

thegriff

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2014
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Hillsboro, OR
Glad I was able to help. I know editing multiple can be confusing because sometimes the row selection seems off after highlighting. I notice this happens every time I go to edit multiple channels' priority.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top