SDS100/SDS200: P25 start talking then breaks then picks back up again.

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
So I have been browsing the forums and I havent found the remedy for my issue. My local favorites list is P25 and most of the TG I listen to are P25. When I listen to them, when picking up, there is a very short delay ( which I have gathered is the decode time-400ms) but it will pick it up, they start talking and then it goes dark for about 1-2 seconds and then will pick back up for 2-3 seconds and then drop out again. I have read forums where there is interference with simucast so I removed them from the favorites list. I am still having the issue. I have a SDS100, I do not have any of the upgrades. I was initially thinking that I needed to upgrade to the PROvoice but Im really at a loss. I have not changed really any of the setting since I got it out of the box 3 days ago. I have downloaded sentinel but only really changed minor things (display colors and favorites list). Any help would be grateful as my wife is LE and I like to keep an ear out for her. I can provide any information that might help. Thanks in advance for any help. I am mainly listening to USA-NC-Johnston County-Johnston County Trunked and USA-NC-Wake-Cary/Wake P25 and USA-NC-Wake-North Carolina Viper. Looks like Johnston county is P25P2 but Wake County is P25P1.

Last edited:

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
You have Close Call or some sort of priority turned on.
I have close call turned on. I don't have any priorities set. I did not realize that running close call would change the receiving. Again, I am a newbie trying to figure all this out. Its a lot to learn.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I have close call turned on. I don't have any priorities set. I did not realize that running close call would change the receiving. Again, I am a newbie trying to figure all this out. Its a lot to learn.
You can switch to "Close Call DND" and it won't interrupt.

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
Your a genius! Thank you. I will try that and report back! Thanks for your help!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100, I do not have any of the upgrades. I was initially thinking that I needed to upgrade to the PROvoice but Im really at a loss.

Are you listening to P25 or Provoice? You would only need Provoice if that's what your listening to. There are no upgrades for P25 either.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Your a genius! Thank you. I will try that and report back! Thanks for your help!
You may not really need Close Call turned on. It will only capture signals that are extremely close to you, but at least with DND it won't cause any interruptions.

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
You may not really need Close Call turned on. It will only capture signals that are extremely close to you, but at least with DND it won't cause any interruptions.
Yeah I have noticed that. Really the only thing it has picked up close call are lower frequencies which are playing music. I will turn off CC and see if that makes a difference. I was also reading through forums and it stated something about some P25P2 channels will do this if picking up off simulator, is that true?

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Yeah I have noticed that. Really the only thing it has picked up close call are lower frequencies which are playing music. I will turn off CC and see if that makes a difference. I was also reading through forums and it stated something about some P25P2 channels will do this if picking up off simulator, is that true?
You shouldn't really have that issue with your SDS100. Since the interruption was at a constant interval I'm sure CC was the issue.

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
You shouldn't really have that issue with your SDS100. Since the interruption was at a constant interval I'm sure CC was the issue.
Yeah I was a little shocked. Everything I have read on the SDS100 says that they are pretty bulletproof. Thank you again!

Reardtim

Premium Subscriber
You guys are wizards! Turned CC to DND and been listening to my favorites for an hour now with no interruptions. Thanks for all your help.