P25RX Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcman67

Radio and electronics enthusiast since the ‘70’s
Premium Subscriber
Been using the display for the past few days and I just have a few questions.
Can the display and BT Config program work together?
What is the @A on the left hand of the display screen mean?
The audio seems choppy when I use the Audio Line-Out and Speaker-out jack on the display. When plugged directly into the P25RX the audio sounds great.
Other than these issues the display works great. I hope someone can come up with a way to customize the screen soon.

The display and BTConfig currently cannot co-exist together. I mentioned this in my display review (link to the review is here: P25RX display review) that I posted a couple weeks back. It has to do with the USB mode being used. It is most likely possible to change this and make the display and BTConfig to work together by modifying the display source code to use the different USB mode drivers but this would require some work and investment of time to do so.

I am working on customizing my display soon to my liking now that I’ve got the programmer and interface built— I’m just brushing up on my C/C++ programming skills first before I delve into it.

btt

Banned
Banned
Can the display and BT Config program work together?
No. Not currently. Probably not ever unless someone else works on it. It is possible. The Display would have to become the USB device side while plugged into the PC. The firmware currently implements the USB Host side when connected to the P25RX.

What is the @A on the left hand of the display screen mean?
This means that the "system alias" was left blank when configuring the P25RX.

The audio seems choppy when I use the Audio Line-Out and Speaker-out jack on the display. When plugged directly into the P25RX the audio sounds great.
Try release 2021-05-15_1402.

goldmyne99

I keep circling around whether or not I want to make something that is easily broken down if I change how I use my P25RX.

I’ve found an enclosure that should work if I ditch the idea of an internal speaker and just use BT/line out audio. Continuing with the “ifs”, if I work up the courage to separate the P25RX from its current enclosure, I could probably gain a ton of room to work in a speaker, bigger battery, etc.

I am considering something like this case. A hand held type solution. Will require some work to fit everything inside, but that is what makes this fun!

kinglou0

I am considering something like this case. A hand held type solution. Will require some work to fit everything inside, but that is what makes this fun!

Don’t have the link handy (stuck here waiting for food and really bored with where the table conversation is going…lol) but I was looking at something very similar with a tilt bale on the back.

The nice thing about commercial enclosures is that many of them have very detailed layouts that you can download. Really good that I don’t have to guess as long as I have accurate measurements on my end.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any further development or info regarding the P25RX display availability?

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Any further progress? This display would work great for me. I can find my own enclosure…..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Did Todd stop with his display he had? I don't have any programming skills but in need of a small display for mobile purposes.... :unsure:

FreqNout

The btt display is an open source project that would also require some level of programming skill by someone. The current chip shortage does not help product development or getting product to market.

btt

Banned
Banned
Did Todd stop with his display he had? I don't have any programming skills but in need of a small display for mobile purposes.... :unsure:
Not discontinued, but It is more or less on pause for now. The display that goldmyne99 and FreqNout are working on is something I want to completely support. It seems it will be a good way to go and it has an enclosure and buttons, etc. Keep an eye that.

goldmyne99

I don't have any programming skills but in need of a small display for mobile purpose

The display that goldmyne99 and FreqNout are working on is something I want to completely support. It seems it will be a good way to go and it has an enclosure and buttons, etc.

The Seeed WIO Terminal device being tested can be firmware loaded without programming skills. A P25RX user with programming skill may wish to share their compiled P25RX display code with others to enjoy. The thread linked above (post 27) will have more info as progress is made.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
After making changes to the P25RX / P25RX-II firmware to support the Wio terminal, I neglected to update the P25RX Display firmware. The attached version will work with both the P25RX and P25RX-II models using the latest receiver firmware.

Attachments

• p25rx_display_DFU.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 10

FreqNout

After making changes to the P25RX / P25RX-II firmware to support the Wio terminal, I neglected to update the P25RX Display firmware.
I think I understand. This dfu file is for updating the open source P25RX Display Hardware.

The Wio Terminal display will NOT need to use this file, correct?

btt

Banned
Banned
I think I understand. This dfu file is for updating the open source P25RX Display Hardware.

The Wio Terminal display will NOT need to use this file, correct?
That is correct. This file is NOT for the Wio terminal. It is for those few who have a P25RX Display.

Status
Not open for further replies.