P25RX Remote control

nosig55

I tried Teamviewer on the PC that is running BTConfig. Works really well from my phone, don't know why I didn't try it before now. The audio is clear and the Display View screen is all I need.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Nice. My company uses a service called ScreenConnect... I connect to my home PC running BTConfig from my office and it too works great.

nosig55

I was familiar with TV from work, could log into building management system to control HVAC. Retired now, forgot about it.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't aware teamviewer added audio capability for the free version. I'll have to give it another go. I've been using nomachine with my p25rx's just because it passes audio.

FreqNout

Personally, I'd like to see something done with Android tablets as they are relatively cheap and generally more powerful than a WIO:
While not as 'powerful', the Wio easily adds WiFi.

@goldmyne99 has already posted a remote control concept with the Wio WiFi sending display and control to a web browser. That web browser could be running on a Android.

goldmyne99

Personally, I'd like to see something done with Android tablets as they are relatively cheap and generally more powerful than a WIO:

While not as 'powerful', the Wio easily adds WiFi.

@goldmyne99 has already posted a remote control concept with the Wio WiFi sending display and control to a web browser. That web browser could be running on a Android.
Here is an Android Tablet screenshot of my Wio serving up P25RX info over a Wifi web page in real time with control buttons. It is a work in progress, but shows what is possible with the Wio Terminal.

WioWifiP25RX.jpg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What would be fantastic is if the USB connection provides protocols so that automotive infotainment systems can recognize it as a media player.

goldmyne99

What would be fantastic is if the USB connection provides protocols so that automotive infotainment systems can recognize it as a media player.
Yes, that would be great. In fact, months ago (off line) Todd and I discussed that very idea. It would take a lot of code writing hours to make that happen.

btt

Banned
Banned
A USB audio source would be great. I will definitely work on that some more. I was able to get the system to recognize it as an audio source on Linux, but no actual sound. No luck with Windows and Mac. USB firmware can be very complex. A lot of the classes haven't been implemented correctly in the example code from the MCU vendors. This is why it takes a lot of hours. In some cases, it isn't implemented correctly on the mainstream OS platforms (e.g. CDC-EEM), and in other cases it is proprietary / horrible protocol (Windows RNDIS).

maus92

Premium Subscriber
A USB audio source would be great. I will definitely work on that some more. I was able to get the system to recognize it as an audio source on Linux, but no actual sound. No luck with Windows and Mac. USB firmware can be very complex. A lot of the classes haven't been implemented correctly in the example code from the MCU vendors. This is why it takes a lot of hours. In some cases, it isn't implemented correctly on the mainstream OS platforms (e.g. CDC-EEM), and in other cases it is proprietary / horrible protocol (Windows RNDIS).
You can do it!

FreqNout

The key phrase is 'media player'.
As a media player, the remote controls of the auto infotainment system (play, stop, etc) could control the P25RX. My point is -- it is more than just getting USB audio working for vehicle remote control.
Here is an Android Tablet screenshot of my Wio serving up P25RX info over a Wifi web page in real time with control buttons.
Nice update on the WiFi remote control work.