• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

I currently have been using a copy of RPM10, though I recently acquired a P7100 that was programmed with a newer version of RPM. Is there a way to through a new code plug in with RPM10 or to role back the version used in the radio?

Stephen

That is the last version I paid for because I primarily use Motorola and already spend enough to maintain Motorola licenses. Not worth the huge charge for a single P7100.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
If you are only writing conventional, you can use what you have.. You wont be able to read the radio or program trunked system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That's the personality version, I'm looking for the radio firmware version... Like J2R18xxx etc.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Harris radios are very forgiving when it comes to compatibility between firmware versions and Programmer/RPM versions. You won't be able to read the radio with RPM10 but you might still be able to write a blank codeplug back into it.... then you'll be good to go.

Stephen

I appreciate the information, I was able to create a from scratch code plug and program away. This is my first Harris radio to program, is it possible to have both analog channels and digital in the same "zone" or set or do they have to be seperated?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yes you can. It's a little confusing but it works. What I do for a mixed mode system is under Conventional Frequency Sets make a new P25 frequency set. Then in the P25 Conv frequency set tab enter both your analog and digital channels here (make sure to select the proper voice mode for each channel). Then when making your system make it as a P25 Conventional system, and the analog channels will work just fine.

Stephen

After reading several different post about the issue, so far one huge negative I am finding is that even when a TX and RX NAC is entered the radio still opens up for analog transmissions.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If this is on a channel that you only want for P25 then enter a random PL tone... That'll stop it from unmuting on analog.

Stephen

Just to confirm instead of putting in a receive NAC, just put in a PL tone or do I keep the receive NAC and put a PL tone in Channel Guard?

Stephen

That seems to have fixed the issue, the only time I notice it now is if I am in scan mode it will still open up to analog in a digital channel, though that is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.