Park City Mountain

KI6UVE

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Park City has a simplex freq that they monitor for interoperability? Seems like ski patrol would prefer that to people getting routed in from 911 calls.

DanLP456

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been on the hunt for PCMR freqs for over a year now. Only conventional traffic I’ve heard is housekeeping at Canyons and snowmaking at PCMR. A recent update to the database shows they subscribe to a radio provider and all traffic is encrypted.

KI6UVE

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been on the hunt for PCMR freqs for over a year now. Only conventional traffic I’ve heard is housekeeping at Canyons and snowmaking at PCMR. A recent update to the database shows they subscribe to a radio provider and all traffic is encrypted.
Ok, the scoop is that they are using a Kenwood-based, trunked system but I don’t think it is encrypted, just digital trunking. I’ve been told that a scanner capable of NXDN decoding would be all that is necessary. The Uniden and Whistler scanners both have models capable of NXDN. I am going to send my Uniden in for the upgrade, but won’t be able to test until I’m back up to Park City next winter. If anyone has an NXDN capable scanner, please let this forum know if it works.

DanLP456

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Airmed dispatch tell one of their helicopters going to Canyons that their ground contact was going to be "Tyler on Park City Mountain" radio channel. So there's something they use to communicate.

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
Ok, the scoop is that they are using a Kenwood-based, trunked system but I don’t think it is encrypted, just digital trunking. I’ve been told that a scanner capable of NXDN decoding would be all that is necessary. The Uniden and Whistler scanners both have models capable of NXDN. I am going to send my Uniden in for the upgrade, but won’t be able to test until I’m back up to Park City next winter. If anyone has an NXDN capable scanner, please let this forum know if it works.
You due not need to send in your scanner for update i paid for the nxdn and did it my self my aradio has all the upgrades all u have to due is pay for each up grade

KI6UVE

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Airmed dispatch tell one of their helicopters going to Canyons that their ground contact was going to be "Tyler on Park City Mountain" radio channel. So there's something they use to communicate.
Ha, I saw the heli when I was up there today too. There has to be some common interop freq they use unless the Park City folks just switch over to the Airmed freq to guide in the helicopter.

Tomcu96

I thought they were close to a National park, or a big city. What if they had information on the local parks maybe putting a database on park city

Bruin18

I have NXDN activated on my scanner. I'm new to this so not sure if I'm doing it right.
I created a new site as NXDN Trunking and inputted all the frequencies on the Crescent Ridge listed in the Database. Left the LCN blank. I'm scanning but not hearing anything.

Not sure if I have to program in the DEC too?

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
U need to have the Lnc channels in order for the radio to track the system properly that is why it is not working on the correct order

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
I had heard that park city is using full encryption so no scanner or radio can decode them