BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Parts?

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I wrote an e-mail to Uniden requesting a top and bottom cover and faceplate for my BCD996P2 and was told:

"Good Afternoon,
We do not send out internal parts at all. If you would like to get it fixed, you would want to go to Repair.Uniden.com and it will have all of the instructions on how to send a unit in.
Owen

Uniden Support"

Is this new? These are not "internal parts", not to mention I've ordered parts before, without issue. I've tried calling, waiting an hour on hold, just to have my call dropped.

Is there a better way to get the parts I need?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I wrote an e-mail to Uniden requesting a top and bottom cover and faceplate for my BCD996P2 and was told:

"Good Afternoon,
We do not send out internal parts at all. If you would like to get it fixed, you would want to go to Repair.Uniden.com and it will have all of the instructions on how to send a unit in.
Owen

Uniden Support"

Is this new? These are not "internal parts", not to mention I've ordered parts before, without issue. I've tried calling, waiting an hour on hold, just to have my call dropped.

Is there a better way to get the parts I need?
Uniden has always been a bear when it comes to ordering parts. But I got an entire exterior spare case including the display assembly for free, including an apology when I pushed it up the chain to the executive offices in Texas after I ran into the same problem you are having. I wouldn’t advise doing what I did however… I was at it for months!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
try ebay you may find one that is listed for parts only. the case is the same on all of the unidens. whats wrong with the face plate, a trip to the repair shop might be worth it.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
try ebay you may find one that is listed for parts only. the case is the same on all of the unidens. whats wrong with the face plate, a trip to the repair shop might be worth it.
The corner was bumped, and broke. Functionally, the scanner is 100%. I'll give e-bay a go.

avaloncourt

You can't get parts out of them. I've had an SDS200 there for a month now and they say there's no progress status on it for the repair that I could have done myself.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
I had some basic qustion about one of their current radios, but I couldn't any answers from them. I evemn asked for someone else and they gave me Bearcat Warehouse' number. They couldn't help me either. and he was suppose to be a "tech".

Not a reliable company or customer friendly!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I had some basic qustion about one of their current radios, but I couldn't any answers from them. I evemn asked for someone else and they gave me Bearcat Warehouse' number. They couldn't help me either. and he was suppose to be a "tech".

-
What was your question that Uniden couldn't answer? Maybe someone here could help. Probably best to start a new thread with your question.

donc13

Premium Subscriber

Your experience with Bearcat Warehouse was different than mine. Not quite 2 years ago, I called them about an SDS200 and availability. They were currently out of stock. The person I talked to was very friendly, answered my questions about it and also if they accepted a particular, older scanner as a trade-in and some technical questions. Long story short, about a week or so later I placed an order on their website and my order was placed on their first come, first filled back order list and about 2 weeks later I received shipment notification and 3 days later, I had my SDS200 and Uniden GPS in my hands. I was very satisfied.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
I bought my 996P2 from them with no problem. The problem was getting answers for operation questing.