Passed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9PVW

Premium Subscriber
Congratulation, going on my 29th year soon, I'm still enjoying it very much, It can be a lifetime journey if you want it to be..

ScubaJungle

Congrats, I just got mine too and same thing - 2 days for callsign to go up. I took mine online through hamstudy.org

@JimD56 It doesnt have to be local - I took mine with a ham club from Idaho. Theres also a club from LA, called "GLAARG" that does a lot of remote testing.
You have to find a session like a week or two out, and keep watching, they fill up really, really quick.

ScubaJungle

Thanks, I'm doing mine online Thursday with the CUARC Club in NYC.
Good luck!
Theyre very efficient, and its a smooth process - I was start to finish in about 20 minutes (but you can take as much time as you need on the test)
Just a heads up, for the club I used, they required a second camera angle, so that means downloading zoom on your phone and using your phone camera in addition to your webcam.
They had 4 proctors watching both screen and camera - I was impressed - they were WAY more efficient at anti-cheating than my university. I said the university shouldve hired them to do their online proctoring, lol.

toofarwest

I tested for Tech on Thursday , remote with GLAARG out of California, via Zoom , no problems at all.

test was about 1130 and call sign in my inbox the next morning.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
Congrats, I just got mine too and same thing - 2 days for callsign to go up. I took mine online through hamstudy.org

@JimD56 It doesnt have to be local - I took mine with a ham club from Idaho. Theres also a club from LA, called "GLAARG" that does a lot of remote testing.
You have to find a session like a week or two out, and keep watching, they fill up really, really quick.
Yes same....exam is exactly the same too. They got something here in jersey you do it in your car this June 13th.....gonna go for general at that date.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
TXS ALL....got a call from vet. i had called him about exams weeks ago cause it was near knowing it wouldve been closed or canceled. anyway.....he calls me sat to inform there gonna give exam on 13 june.

so....ill be studing till then and up it to general.... i think you do it in your car in a parking lot, and they speak to you thru fm radio in car.....see if link works below.

Status
Not open for further replies.