• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PD682 no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I wrote my codeplug to my PD682 and there is no power on sound, no TPT Tone, no audio coming through when I transmit on my Kenwoods nut it will pass my audio to my other radios. Any ideas?

Silent Radio is turned off under Alert Tones

dazey77

first things first, write the default codeplug back to it and check you have audio. Assuming the radio is OK then work from there. For weird happenings I have found this to be a good way of debugging on Hytera. (Program menu/Reset Default Data)

Remington12G

GØT AES?
first things first, write the default codeplug back to it and check you have audio. Assuming the radio is OK then work from there. For weird happenings I have found this to be a good way of debugging on Hytera. (Program menu/Reset Default Data)
I tried that, got a message that the CPS Data is not up to date with the radio data.

dazey77

Perhaps try a later CPS? Not sure what firmware the radio is on or the CPS your using. Latest easily available at the mo is CPS 9.02.02.002 and firmware 9.02.02.004
Do you have any old codeplugs you can put in? Or is this the first one you wrote to the radio?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Perhaps try a later CPS? Not sure what firmware the radio is on or the CPS your using. Latest easily available at the mo is CPS 9.02.02.002 and firmware 9.02.02.004
Do you have any old codeplugs you can put in? Or is this the first one you wrote to the radio?
The seller was going to make an older codeplug for me when he has time. The CPS is 8.06.01.017 and the firmware is A8.05.07.004. I think the radio thinks it has a speaker mic or some audio device attached since it won't pass audio through the speakers but will function and operate everything else.

dazey77

Hmmnn, its odd that it won't write default data then. I would certainly have expected that combination to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.