Pdw help....please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfusca

Premium Subscriber
Hey I have PDW v2.4 set up on my computer. I have had it for about 3 years now and I have been trying to get it so that it will send filtered info to my phone as a text or email. I have the iphone! I went to options and fill out the info but I'm still not getting anything. I dont know if anyone can help me out and set me up but it would be great. Thanks!!!!

mkewman

PDW seems to have something wrong with the email script. most secure email systems will not allow you to send an email with the PDW script because it uses the old way of sending email which was abused by spammers hijacking an email server.

so the long and the short is, it doesn't work and it's not your fault. that part of the program needs to be re-written. if someone has a work-around please let me know, i'm also interested in getting this to work.

SCPD

QRT
You mentioned v2.4 they are up to version v3.1. See if it helps if you update/upgrade your version

cg

Premium Subscriber
I had it working for several years sending email. The setup was very simple. You could send texts if you know the email address for your text message phone number.
In the Help file, there is a note

Note: SMTP is a complex protocol. PDW only supports "basic" SMTP. If PDW has to support all possible servers like a real SMTP-client, it would become more an email program than a real time paging decoder. So if it doesn’t work, sorry…

chris

rodentkj

Feed Provider
I hate to unearth old threads, but I do have an answer/solution for this. Like others, my personal mail server did not like the basic SMTP protocol PDW uses. However, I figured out the standard free Gmail email account will work for this.

Using PDW v3.1

Outgoing smtp mail server:
smtp.gmail.com

Port:

Enable Authentication and enter in your Gmail Username and Password login credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.