Phoenix FD CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

Does anyone know how to read the Phoenix FD online CAD. There are a lot of units that I can't make heads or tails of

APS000
SWG000
And then the units with the plusses after them like E###+

Does anyone know what those mean?

ICP963

Feed Provider
Does anyone know how to read the Phoenix FD online CAD. There are a lot of units that I can't make heads or tails of

APS000
SWG000
And then the units with the plusses after them like E###+

Does anyone know what those mean?

APS = Arizona Public Service
SWG = Southwest Gas

The + after the units represents an ALS (Advanced Life Support) unit vs a BLS (Basic Life Support) unit.

sc800

Thanks. I guess that explains why they are always 000 units too; because those are "placeholder" units as opposed to specific apparatus.

Do you know what W-### units are? Hose Wagons?

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

I think W is for Southwest Ambulance.

Kars10az

I believe it's technically the communications response vehicle. It's basically a command van. Rumor has it that it was obtained with grant money for communications/dispatch vehicle, but ended up being what it is. The last I heard, it was running out of station 3.

tipster67

While I am not arguing with ya, I can't think of any situation lately that would require a "Command Post" type of vehicle. I know back on the east coast, it would only be used for a Mass Casualty event or a Very Large HAZ-MAT response. Also, you are correct with the "CR1, CR16, ect..." numbering system.. CRV, I was thinking was a dispatcher who didn't have a van available at the time. So just marked it as a CRV.

Astrak

While I am not arguing with ya, I can't think of any situation lately that would require a "Command Post" type of vehicle. I know back on the east coast, it would only be used for a Mass Casualty event or a Very Large HAZ-MAT response. Also, you are correct with the "CR1, CR16, ect..." numbering system.. CRV, I was thinking was a dispatcher who didn't have a van available at the time. So just marked it as a CRV.

CRV is a command van, they are dispatched to all 1st alarms and greater. They have extra stuff in them that command staff don't usually carry in their vehicles along with extra supplies. They may be staffed with a dispatcher.
Fire Station Locations and Apparatus - Official Site of the City of Phoenix

Kars10az

It is not staffed with a dispatcher, but that was the original intent of the vehicle, and was, from what I understand, what the federal grant money was for.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Phoenix has two of them, correct? FS 1, or right next door, with Battalion 1; and FS 30, with the North Deputy Chief.
Yep, just checked the link, I was correct. (For once lol)

Last edited:

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I have contacted PFD concerning the designators used in the CAD. I'm gathering up the ones I can't figure out and will be sending an email to attempt to get the mystery figured out. I have a partial list started but it's not ready for public view as of yet (typos etc need to be fixed)

Kars10az

After 30 years in the Alarm Room, I think I can help you with most of it. I may have forgotten a few, and there are likely some new ones I don't know much about, but I still stay in touch with a lot of people down there.

Phoenix805

After 30 years in the Alarm Room, I think I can help you with most of it. I may have forgotten a few, and there are likely some new ones I don't know much about, but I still stay in touch with a lot of people down there.

30 years in the alarm room? I've never been in the 'new' one, I was in the alarm room once or twice when it was on the 4th floor of the police building. Do you go back as far as the old alarm room when it was at 9 St & Van Buren, or had they moved before you started. I don't remember what year it was they moved, but 30 years sounds about right.

Oops, getting a little off topic, sorry mod!

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber

That would be great. My email is rpgaun@gmail.com Drop me a note and I'll send the file to you to look over.

Status
Not open for further replies.