PHX Fire K-Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
A question for those in the know. Has PHX FD switched K-Deck to phase 2 yet?? I’ve noticed other discussions about this with the PD TGs. If they’re still phase 1 I can readjust which radio I’m listening to what on and make better use of my SDS

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
It's way too soon to be think about that for RWC.

Leave it Phase 1 or you might miss stuff. Sys B still P1. Check again towards the end of the year.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
OK, well, I'm using my SDS for K-Deck only at this time. If they are still P1 than I can dedicate the used HP1 I picked up for K-Deck and free up the SDS for PD….

Thanks!

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Odd, I don't look for P2 except on SDS. Everything else switches back & forth as needed without my help.
Big difference with P2 of audio is it a bit clearer & voices sound normal. It's very slight difference from P1.

HP1 should serve you on Sim B for food few months.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
OK, well, I'm using my SDS for K-Deck only at this time. If they are still P1 than I can dedicate the used HP1 I picked up for K-Deck and free up the SDS for PD….

Thanks!

I have no experience with the HP1, how well does it do with Simulcast? All of the fire channels so far that I have seen have been Phase 1, but i'd be concerned at how well it handles the simulcast sites and how that would affect your reception. I was completely blown away at how much better the SDS100 preformed on simulcast vs the 325p2, VHF leaves a lot to be desired, but I am slowly working that out.

sonnikaz

RWC has been a nightmare for me without my SDS100. BCD436HP just wouldn't give me Simulcast A-C in my portion of the Southeast Valley due to simulcast issues. (The BCD436HP was fine with Simulcast F/H ... Tempe and Scottsdale, however).

I've also started using a couple of RTL-SDR (v3) with DSD+ Fastlane and have been impressed at its ability to deal with RWC.

The SDS100 and the SDR options have been my only means to listen to the various K Deck Talkgroups. I'm not familiar with HP1's performance myself.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
It may have no relation to RWC's radio issues, but the Phoenix FD public dispatch htms. site has been stuck in a frozen mode for over seven hours now.

sonnikaz

Ah, I just did a force refresh and saw a new incident come up, so possibly resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.