Pirate Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
11:58:40 UTC / 6.925.00 Mhz USB, I found a pirate station that is playing all different music from the 30s 40s and so on, comming in very strong I have not heard the call sign or any information yet.
Steve
Fort Erie Ontario

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Pirate Radio Station

:confused: just heard a male voice say (something) Radio. I could not make it out he said it so fast I could not catch it.
Steve

playing 70s 80s rock music now.....

Niagaraeye

Wolverine Radio

I've just finished listening to a pirate on 6925 USB here in central Niagara, I'm only a few miles northwest of you Saint. They signed on at 8 PM local time (00:00:00 UT) and have been broadcasting an assortment of classic rock from the 60's and 70's: Beatles, Moody Blues, Steppenwolf, The Doors, T-Rex, Edgar Winter etc. Solid signal here S8-S9+, with a little minor noise and a tiny bit of fading, but otherwise a great signal. Several clear station ID's as "Wolverine Radio". At 00:43 (8:43 PM local) they broadcast what appeared to be a strong digital signal (20+ here). Since this broadcaster has been known to use SSTV in the past, I'm assuming that was the case here. The broadcast ended at 00:45.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
12:52:17 UTC I had to leave the house for a half hour and I now see he is off the air now, just before I left I heard him say the name of the station, I thought he said Monterey Radio but I can't be sure if this is what he said, has any one ever heard of a pirate station named (Monterey Radio)
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
UTC Time

Wait a minute ... sure you've got your UTC time correct?

I just installed the UTC Clock on my computer it's 9:05 PM Eastern Time
here and it says 01:05 UTC for the time there is an R after the time ???? I could have messed it up.
Steve

Niagaraeye

Re: pirate

Hello Saint and k9rzz, I just noticed that since I have so few postings on this forum so far they're being moderated, so this might not appear until some time tomorrow (Sunday) after they're approved by a moderator. Saint, if the broadcast you're referring to occurred tonight (Saturday) starting around 8 PM local (eastern) time (00:00 UT) and ran until 8:45 PM (00:45 UT) we were probably monitoring the same signal. Because of the strength of the signal, if you're in Fort Erie (I'm 10 miles away in the Welland area) unless there was some very odd propagation effects going on, in all likelihood, it was the same broadcast. Although I notice that our description of the musical content is very different, so perhaps if it does turn out to be the same time frame something weird was happening!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Pirate

I've just finished listening to a pirate on 6925 USB here in central Niagara, I'm only a few miles northwest of you Saint. They signed on at 8 PM local time (00:00:00 UT) and have been broadcasting an assortment of classic rock from the 60's and 70's: Beatles, Moody Blues, Steppenwolf, The Doors, T-Rex, Edgar Winter etc. Solid signal here S8-S9+, with a little minor noise and a tiny bit of fading, but otherwise a great signal. Several clear station ID's as "Wolverine Radio". At 00:43 (8:43 PM local) they broadcast what appeared to be a strong digital signal (20+ here). Since this broadcaster has been known to use SSTV in the past, I'm assuming that was the case here. The broadcast ended at 00:45.

:wink: Yep Niagaraeye this is the station I was hearing, all the music you stated is the music I was listening too, I just could not pickout the ID as Wolverine Radio, it was a good signal and it was fading a little bit down this way also, also the times match. Thanks for the information it's a great help to get the ID for everyone else.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Another Pirate Station

Niagaraeye you may want to make a note of this frequency. I posted this information on this other Pirate Station on. 03/31/2011
22:49 UTC
6.815 MHZ AM just found this, over and over it is saying.

HO, HO, HO, AND A BOTTLE OF RUM

it says something else but I can not make it out, NOW PLAYING A OPENING ANTHEM.
Steve
Fort Erie Ontario Canada

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
6749.4khz USB on 9/25/2011 @ 0445z (off at 0503z)

Pirate radio station playing radio version of Superman. Good signal into Seattle (S9+)

k9rzz

Heard someone on 6924.5khz last night ~ 0300z. Half buried in the QRN so never got an ID. Also on Monday night around ~ 0000z 6925khz, there was a guy running live. A bit disorganized and was having trouble with his CD player. Decent sig but I forget who he said he was. FWIW.

Niagaraeye

Wolverine Radio

Wolverine Radio back this evening on 6925 USB, I tuned in around 00:15 UTC and the broadcast was already underway, playing 80's tunes like "I Know What Boys Like" and "Venus", averaging around S8 here in the Niagara Region of Ontario. It's now 00:35 UTC and still broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.