Plane Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
On approach to Centennial Airport near the Transwestern Office Buld off Arap Road.

O/F DTRS & Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Arap County U/D: Plane has crashed near the Transwestern Office Buld at 11551 East Arapahoe Road, Parker and South Metro ARFF units onscene along with numerous ACSO units.

Main ids are Centennial Ops (3064) and ACSO Special Ops 1 (3003) and Metcom 3 (1787).

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Arap County U/D: Sole occupant was the pilot, appearing minor injs being checked by EMS now, checking the roof of the office buld for damage and PIO and NTSB requested.

Jim<

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Anyword on N-number? I read that it was a Bonanza, but that's the news media, so it could very well have been a Cessna or a Cirrus. I'm listening to the audio archive right now trying to hear the incident,with no luck so far. Was the page right after it happened, about 1815?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
captaincraig44 said:
Anyword on N-number? I read that it was a Bonanza, but that's the news media, so it could very well have been a Cessna or a Cirrus. I'm listening to the audio archive right now trying to hear the incident,with no luck so far. Was the page right after it happened, about 1815?

Yes

(CBS4) CENTENNIAL, Colo. A small plane crashed near Centennial Airport Tuesday evening as it approached a runway from the south.

The Beechcraft crashed in the parking lot of a business north of Arapahoe Rd and west of Peoria. The front end of the plane broke off and was lodged in between two vehicles in the parking lot.

Fire crews responded to the scene at about 6:15 p.m.

The pilot suffered minor injuries but was expected to be okay.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
On October 03, 2006, at approximately 6:05 PM, the Arapahoe County Sheriffs Office received a 911 call of an airplane that had crashed in the parking lot of 11551 East Arapahoe Road. South Metro Fire was also on scene and located the pilot who was identified as:

Disser, William, Age 77

Saratoga, California

Mr. Disser was flying from California to Colorado Springs in a 1969 Beechcraft Model 36 when he developed engine trouble. He performed an emergency landing in the parking lot and, as he did, he struck a light pole and three vehicles. Mr. Disser was the only injured party and suffered minor cuts. He was treated and released at the scene. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will investigate the crash on 10/04/06.

Sheriff&#8217;s Office Victims Assistance arrived on the scene.

jfab

captaincraig44 said:
Is this audio archive online? If so how do I get my hands on it?

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
Is this audio archive online? If so how do I get my hands on it?

www.liveatc.net and go to the audio archives on the left side. He was on the approach at the end of the 2330-0000 (Oct 3rd) clip and at the beginning of the 0000-0030 (Oct 4th) clip is when he's switched to tower. It's about 4 mins in that the tower asks the Eagle 1 chopper for assistance in locating the aircraft that "landed on the golf course".

jfab

captaincraig44 said:
www.liveatc.net and go to the audio archives on the left side. He was on the approach at the end of the 2330-0000 (Oct 3rd) clip and at the beginning of the 0000-0030 (Oct 4th) clip is when he's switched to tower. It's about 4 mins in that the tower asks the Eagle 1 chopper for assistance in locating the aircraft that "landed on the golf course".
It's not letting me listen...I clicked on the "listen" link, but it doesn't do anything. Advice?

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Make sure that your audio program of choice (Widoze meida, WinAmp, etc) is set up to play MP3's. ( I think that is the format the archived audio is in).
Open the program, go to the options and look for "file types" click "check all", or "add all" and try it again. When you click on the listen button, your program should automatically launch, or you can right click and "save as" to save to your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.