Please Help Find This Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

brueger

Feed Provider
When I was the fire department's radio guy, I was asked to find ear pieces for the radios. I found the Otto earphones:

Otto Earpiece

Some of the folks did not like the bulkiness of these so I continued looking. I then found a very simple earphone - much like the one that comes included with just about any kind of electronics you buy that has a head phone jack, but with one difference. It was fitted with this rubber ear piece. The unit came with two of these ear pieces and I bought one for myself. I have lost one and now the last one is getting old. I would like to find some more of these. I have Googled for hours and can't find the original company.

Do you know where I can find these things?

Thanks

Brian Rueger

Attachments

• earpiece.jpg
    earpiece.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 514

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

tacticaleargadgets.com has a lot of ear pieces

N0YFE

I've got a good suggestion

In my own experience the acoustic tube is the same size and will fit multiple ear pieces. Each person has their own opinion of which one works best for them. The link from Planet Headset has a nice variety pack and I would let each person choose the ear piece that works well for them.

As for my own experience the once with the single or multiple fins dig in and get uncomfortable after a while and I was thinking of switching to the ones that fit outside the ear. The other drawback is the ones that fit inside the ear canal do block some if not all hears from that side.

enigma-2

Premium Subscriber

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
Try a company called McKay radio products, google them look all over their website see if you can fixnd it. They are a very good company to work with they should be able to find it or something very similar for cheap I know they may be able to make it too...hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.