Point Plesant Beach PD Encrypted Full Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I picked up Stafford PD dispatch sending a car to an MVA on Cedar Bridge Road near the Wa Wa on 460.0500 (Analog w/DPL 503) this morning. With that said, I removed Stafford Twp. from the Wiki Encrypted Agencies section, as it is my understanding that only agencies that encrypt ALL of their transmissions should be listed there.

SCPD

QRT
Stafford Townsip

DJ88,

Thanks for the update and correction to the WIKI. I have made changes to the DB reflecting this "newer" information.

However, one more mystery to solve.

Determine the use of Stanford's 453.0750 Freq? From some information from a friend I have it listed in the DB as possible "Common" Freq for inter-ops. This info was from last summer. Any updated info on this frequency would be appreciated. :D

montyw47

Where did these Police Depts. get the money for all these new car radios, portable and base station equipment? How do the police justify this huge outlay of money for something that really isn't necessary??? The taxes are high enough on T.R. where I live without the police wasting taxpayer money!
They cant interconnect directly to the county police(sheriff) or EMS/fire since those systems are open. What coding system is used on these police radios? Can it be cracked?

N

N_Jay

They cant interconnect directly to the county police(sheriff) or EMS/fire since those systems are open.
There is no reason to assume this in a properly implemented system, even with encryption.

What coding system is used on these police radios?
If it is P25 it is most likely AES, but could be ADP (on the cheap), or DES if they need compatability with older units/systems.

Can it be cracked?
No!

radiomanNJ1

There are many homeland security grants out there. If people keep posting what they heard and comments about cops buying doughnuts more encryption will come. ADP is cheap on the new radios.
Interoperability in NJ is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.