Police Mobile Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevDog

I live in the US and have a 1996 Range Rover. I'm looking to install a few radios inside, but the interior is very limited and does not allow for a console. I was wondering if anyone knows of or has pictures of how the English police setup their mobiles in these vehicles. Any responses are greatly appreciated!

SCPD

QRT
I live in the US and have a 1996 Range Rover. I'm looking to install a few radios inside, but the interior is very limited and does not allow for a console. I was wondering if anyone knows of or has pictures of how the English police setup their mobiles in these vehicles. Any responses are greatly appreciated!

Well, I don't know about back in 1996 but the few agencies that use Land Rovers seems mostly to be the Highways Agencies use Sepura SRG3500's. Most of the only have one radio per car so they don't have "radios" per se. Most of them are just the control head they mount them in various places. This is a BMW X5 but most Land Rovers have the same set up. You can obviously tell which unit the radio is.

(723) GMP - BMW - X5 - MX09 HZD | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.