Pomeroy, Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Pomeroy, Ohio, PD is working on a grant to move their PD communications to the Ohio MARCS system.

Looking at all mobiles and portables for the on duty units to have available....

Steve/KB8FAR :)

Dubbin

Feed Provider
That town looks small enough that they could use FRS radios. Why in the hell do they feel the need to spend the money to move to MARCS...

W8OSP

Yes its a very small town, population i think is around 1500 i think! The last i remmeber they have 3 cars 6 or 7 officers!! I think the money should be spent else where if ya ask me!

On another note.......... Steve when is the retirement party??

rcvmo

A town that small would probably have the entire new comms system Paid for by US DHS grants and or loans. I've seen plenty of small towns and small time counties in Michigan do that with the MPSCS system.
rcvmo

SLWilson

Ancient....

A town that small would probably have the entire new comms system Paid for by US DHS grants and or loans. I've seen plenty of small towns and small time counties in Michigan do that with the MPSCS system.
rcvmo
That is what they are applying for. DHS Grants. EVERYTHING they have is vintage low-band (45.08) and slightly newer UHF.

As a couple of posters mentioned above, yes, they ARE a small town. They border Middleport.

Meigs is a very poor county (at least maybe until they get their new power plant under construction) that may only have a sibgle deputy (if that) working the entire county.

Middleport or Pomeroy frequently have to leave their villages to "help" the only deputy....

The Meigs County jail is either full or not holding ANYONE. If they arrest anyone, they have to drive to another county to lock them up.

FRS radios WILL NOT do what they need as far as communications....

Lastly, the Feds are going to give this money out to someone. Why not TRY to get something useful to OUR LOCAL AREA instead of sending all the free gov't (it is ours ANYWAY) money to someplace else????

SLWilson

Agree!

They are entitled to the grant money and probably need it more than some towns .................Hoser
I agree. They might not have a "large" population, but, per capitia, they pay the same amount of taxes to the Feds. Why "NOT" try to get something of wht they've paid IN back for THEIR advantage?

They won't know if they can get anything until they try!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.