(Pope Co, AR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
I hear the PCSO just fine on my TRX-1, but they still have active analog frequencies in use. I pick these up on my TRX-1, but as far as my BC125AT goes, it should be able to receive them just fine. However, nothing comes through.

Is there something that I don't know?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Hmm...my question would be about ctcss tones - have you verified that they match? If you had the wrong ctcss tone programmed for a frequency then you wouldn't hear the traffic using another tone. If you haven't, I would double-check the tones between the two (or, perhaps, on the TRX-1 you're running with no tone). This is all assuming that you're close enough to receive them just fine, which I am assuming you are.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
I don't have an issue picking it up, although it just comes and goes at random. I can look into the BC125AT's programming, I might have gotten it wrong.

wbswetnam

PCSO uses their old VHF channels very infrequently. It's only when an officer finds himself / herself in an AWIN deadzone so they can still use the old VHF as a backup. Also sometimes it is used to coordinate with first responders who don't have access to AWIN, such as a search-and-rescue operation. I pick them up just fine on my BC125AT and all my other radios.
BTW, it appears that Russellville Fire dispatch is no longer using their VHF simulcast frequency of 154.310. Now they are only using AWIN. I hesitate to report the frequency as 'deprecated' until it has been at least a year since hearing them on the VHF channel, but yeah, that frequency appears to be dead now. Pope County EMS is still simulcast on 154.025 at least.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
PCSO uses their old VHF channels very infrequently. It's only when an officer finds himself / herself in an AWIN deadzone so they can still use the old VHF as a backup. Also sometimes it is used to coordinate with first responders who don't have access to AWIN, such as a search-and-rescue operation. I pick them up just fine on my BC125AT and all my other radios.
BTW, it appears that Russellville Fire dispatch is no longer using their VHF simulcast frequency of 154.310. Now they are only using AWIN. I hesitate to report the frequency as 'deprecated' until it has been at least a year since hearing them on the VHF channel, but yeah, that frequency appears to be dead now. Pope County EMS is still simulcast on 154.025 at least.

That sucks to hear about russellville fire. I'm assuming EMS is right behind it on switching to AWIN. I guess I can use my BC125AT to pick up some of the rural FDs talkarounds then.

wbswetnam

That sucks to hear about russellville fire. I'm assuming EMS is right behind it on switching to AWIN. I guess I can use my BC125AT to pick up some of the rural FDs talkarounds then.
Rural fire districts are still dispatched on the countywide channel of 154.235, and yes, they have their own talk around channels, too, on VHF NFM.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Rural fire districts are still dispatched on the countywide channel of 154.235, and yes, they have their own talk around channels, too, on VHF NFM.

Yeah. I know my dept in Pope Co has their own talkaround. We use it sometimes.

wbswetnam

I'm hearing Russellville Fire Dispatch again on their VHF simulcast frequency of 154.310 MHz, with a tone of 107.2 Hz (unchanged). I don't know what happened but it's good to have them back. This is why I'm hesitant to report a frequency as 'deprecated' until at least a year of radio silence has passed.

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing Russellville Fire Dispatch again on their VHF simulcast frequency of 154.310 MHz, with a tone of 107.2 Hz (unchanged). I don't know what happened but it's good to have them back. This is why I'm hesitant to report a frequency as 'deprecated' until at least a year of radio silence has passed.

I'm assuming they'll keep their VHF frequency as a backup whenever they do switch to AWIN. Much like how other counties have VHF frequencies for SO/Fire as Backups.

wbswetnam

I'm assuming they'll keep their VHF frequency as a backup whenever they do switch to AWIN. Much like how other counties have VHF frequencies for SO/Fire as Backups.
They're on AWIN now, and have been for years. Their dispatch talk group of 42810 is fire dispatch, which is simulcast on 154.310 MHz. They have tactical channels on AWIN, too, which are not simulcast on VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.