Portland MAX Train Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

amusement

There are many different and varied public transportation systems in Oregon.

Metro Portland has the MAX trains. Those electric trains are full of characters who are beyond any science fiction novel. Let's here some of your stories. Heck, if your in Eugene or Springfield (and I know you are out there) you've got some real "space cases" running around .

amusement

ac7xc said:
Isn't this off topic in the Oregon Scanner Radio forum?

Depends on your point of view. This subject was started in a previous thread. There were no objections, until now.

pdxbofh

amusement said:
Depends on your point of view. This subject was started in a previous thread. There were no objections, until now.

Yea, my bad.... :) I already told mine in the other thread :twisted:
OH WAIT !! I have another one !!!

Ok I was comming home from work one night (maybe 9-10pm) and we stopped at BTC (Beaverton Transit Center). The operator comes on over the PA and says (in circus guy voice), " LADIES AND GENTAL MAN, BOYS AND GIRLS, just a friendly heads up that the police are doing fare sweeps starting at Elmonica, so now would be a good time to get a ticket, if you don't already have one!"

A few minutes later we arrive at Elmonica, no police. The operator then gets on the PA again, and says, "Looks like some of you lucked out, just a friendly reminder this is the LAST CHANCE for you to grab yourself a ticket, the fare sweeps have moved down to Willow Creek".

We arrive at Willow Creek, and sure enough about 3 cops are checking fares. This was my stop so I got off. As I was walking away I had a great side shot of the train, and I could see the PD going seat-to-seat in the first car. They finish with the first car, and head to the second. The operator then gets back on the PA and says, "Officers, just to let you know there is a young man on the first train who got back on right after you left, I am SURE he NEEDS to have his fare checked." The officers didn't respond right away, so about 15 seconds later the operator again gets on the PA. "Officers, this young man in the first car wearing the sweatshirt with the green stripe, REALLY NEEDS TO HAVE HIS FARE CHECKED".

I guess the officers heard him this time. As the train pulled away, I saw 3 officers chatting with a young man in a stripped sweatshirt. I hadn't laughed that hard in a loooong time!

Can't says he didn't warn him! :twisted:
:D :D :D

amusement

A few weeks ago, Hillsboro Police were asked to assist a Max Officer.

The police arrived to see two juveniles trying to break open a ticket despenser.

It seems alot of kids and some "wacko's" like beating on these ticket despensers
in search of cash.

Question:

Does the local PD have authority to arrest on Tri-met property? I think they do ... not certain.

pdxbofh

Does the local PD have authority to arrest on Tri-met property? I think they do ... not certain.

Police in the state of Oregon can arrest ANYWHERE in the entire state

(the only exception I can think of would be on Native American land)

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
amusement said:
A few weeks ago, Hillsboro Police were asked to assist a Max Officer.

The police arrived to see two juveniles trying to break open a ticket despenser.

It seems alot of kids and some "wacko's" like beating on these ticket despensers
in search of cash.

Question:

Fortunately, we've had only enough real break-ins that I wouldn't have to take my shoes off to count them. It takes a little more than just beating on the machine though (unless you have something besides just your bare hands). Besides, is it really worth it to go through all that effort for a couple bucks in cash and coin?

As far as the arrest powers, TriMet code grants power to arrest to any peace officer certified by the state.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
pdxbofh said:
Ok I was comming home from work one night (maybe 9-10pm) and we stopped at BTC (Beaverton Transit Center). The operator comes on over the PA and says (in circus guy voice), " LADIES AND GENTAL MAN, BOYS AND GIRLS, just a friendly heads up that the police are doing fare sweeps starting at Elmonica, so now would be a good time to get a ticket, if you don't already have one!"

Hillsboro PD are really proactive at patrolling the system. Portland and Gresham are getting there. Although the Transit Police Unit (which is a unit of the Portland Police Bureau -- not TriMet) draws officers from almost all jurisdictions that TriMet serves (we have at least one MCSO deputy, at least one WCSO deputy, several Portland Police officers, Gresham PD, Beaverton PD, Hillsboro PD, Milwaukie PD, and I think even Oregon City PD these days).

Status
Not open for further replies.