Possible Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
lostguy said:
PD and FD responding to the Royal Gorge Bridge for a possible jumper. They seem to think the person has already jumped..

Hope he had a bungee cord attached, after all that's one of the best places in the world to BASE jump.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Lots of bungee jumping/base jumping from there...on the other hand, there have been some suicides, too...
It's a long way to the river.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I wonder if he felt it when he hit the ground....

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
250d said:
I wonder if he felt it when he hit the ground....

I hope not considering he would have hit the water, and the river is running pretty high currently. More interesting out of state input.

Jim<

funcritter

cstockmyer said:
It's not the fall that kills you. it's that nasty sudden stop...ouch!

Well, I do hope he enjoyed the scenery on the way down. (yeah it's a bad joke, sorry)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Body Found

The body of a man believed to have committed suicide by jumping from Royal Gorge Bridge on Monday was recovered Thursday from the Arkansas River.
The man’s identity wasn’t released because relatives hadn’t been notified.
Cañon City Police Capt. Allen Cooper said an abandoned car was found parked at the bridge. Cooper said police didn’t find a note.
Police began searching the canyon and the river Monday evening after a witness reported seeing someone jump from the middle of the bridge.
Commercial rafters found the body yesterday in a remote part of the river close to the Pueblo County line about 30 miles downstream from the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.