Pr0-106 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have all ID's programmed in bank 3. Sheriff disp. Worked yesterday with a few hic-ups but today nothing. I have checked a few things but they seem to be OK. Please help.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
- all control channels programmed for the correct tower?
- are you set to ID Search or ID Scan?
- proper talk groups programmed?

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
if you've done nothing and it started working again that sounds like either a control channel change (some agencies rotate their control channels on a regular sked which is why most of us program all of the published control channels into the radio).

i got my radios mixed up on my original reply...i don't think the 106 has an ID Search and ID Scan function but make sure you have all the control channels and talk-groups programmed. are you using a wildcard (*) for any of the talk-groups?

if you've done nothing and it started working again that sounds like either a control channel change (some agencies rotate their control channels on a regular sked which is why most of us program all of the published control channels into the radio).

i got my radios mixed up on my original reply...i don't think the 106 has an ID Search and ID Scan function but make sure you have all the control channels and talk-groups programmed. are you using a wildcard (*) for any of the talk-groups?
I noticed that there is a wildcard on channel 0721 and 0722. could you please explain to me how to remove them.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Page 48 of the Pro-106 Manual
Hey John how are you? Haven't talked to you in a long time...

It's been many many years since I played with my GRE made Pro106. Terrific radio in its day. Loved it.

I was going to chime in that it's called a wildcard as opposed to ID searching but you guys got it covered. Take care. :)

Hey John how are you? Haven't talked to you in a long time...

It's been many many years since I played with my GRE made Pro106. Terrific radio in its day. Loved it.

I was going to chime in that it's called a wildcard as opposed to ID searching but you guys got it covered. Take care. :)
I checked page 48, but it does not tell me anything. I hate to ask, but could someone please post step by step how to correct this. Thanks in advance.

nosig55

Put in MAN, arrow down to TG of WILDCARD,
Press PGM
Press EDIT
Press CURR
arrow down to l/out
change to yes
This will be a temporary fix in case you want to enable again.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I checked page 48, but it does not tell me anything. I hate to ask, but could someone please post step by step how to correct this. Thanks in advance.
There you go, nosig got you. Maybe John will be back on also, I talked to him on pm but I don't know if he's going to be on or not. As I say it's a great radio, it's the little brother of the pro 96 which was the first digital scanner GRE made in 2003 and was rebranded by Radio Shack.

As I say my Pro 106 has the batteries removed and is in storage, I haven't used it for years and years but if I remember correctly the software that you use is ARC 500... someone will help you here.

I'm the last one to ask since it's been so long since I used that radio but at one time back when type II smartzone systems were popular that was my favorite radio. Good luck... Bob.

There you go, nosig got you. Maybe John will be back on also, I talked to him on pm but I don't know if he's going to be on or not. As I say it's a great radio, it's the little brother of the pro 96 which was the first digital scanner GRE made in 2003 and was rebranded by Radio Shack.

As I say my Pro 106 has the batteries removed and is in storage, I haven't used it for years and years but if I remember correctly the software that you use is ARC 500... someone will help you here.

I'm the last one to ask since it's been so long since I used that radio but at one time back when type II smartzone systems were popular that was my favorite radio. Good luck... Bob.
Thank ya'll for the help. I wrote this in my note book.

Status
Not open for further replies.