Premium Subscriber vs. Feed Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0FEO

Wright County, MN
Feed Provider
I was wondering how to obtain the feed provider status, I am running a feed on broadcastify but seem to have premium subscriber. Thanks!

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
It's instant once your feed registers as online with the system. You get automatic premium when your feed is online. If your feed is marked as anonymous, then you will not see the Feed Provider tag, only the Premium.

KD0FEO

Wright County, MN
Feed Provider
I shouldn't be marked as anonymous, I'll look into it when I get home.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Premium Subscriber badge takes priority over Feed Provider badge. You must have an active premium subscription in addition to hosting a feed. Oh and your feed is not anonymous, but that's not a factor in this case.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Maybe? It's been this way for at least two years. Search the forums for "feed provider badge" and you'll see a few older results discussing it.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Maybe? It's been this way for at least two years. Search the forums for "feed provider badge" and you'll see a few older results discussing it.
Guess I just never noticed. I just remember mine never showing Feed Provider, only Premium when anonymous..

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also, it used to be if you set up a feed, you got FREE Premium as a feeder. Premium was a basic perk for most things, like if you were an Mod, or Admin, that was just part of the perks. Now you need to buy premium as WELL as provide a feed? (Yes, I did run a feed long ago, yes I once did the Mod thang, and the Admin thang, so yes I do know what I am talking about.)

Last edited by a moderator:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Now you need to buy premium as WELL as provide a feed?
Uh, no. Feed Provider = complimentary premium as long as your feed is active. I believe that applies to hosting a Calls node as well.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Uh, no. Feed Provider = complimentary premium as long as your feed is active. I believe that applies to hosting a Calls node as well.
Okay, was confused by your: " You must have an active premium subscription in addition to hosting a feed. " Since as a provider, you get the premium.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Okay, was confused by your: " You must have an active premium subscription in addition to hosting a feed. " Since as a provider, you get the premium.
I meant it in the context of that specific user seems to have both a premium subscription as well as being a feed provider. My wording could've been better.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Also, it used to be if you set up a feed, you got FREE Premium as a feeder. Premium was a basic perk for most things, like if you were an Mod, or Admin, that was just part of the perks. Now you need to buy premium as WELL as provide a feed? (Yes, I did run a feed long ago, yes I once did the Mod thang, and the Admin thang, so yes I do know what I am talking about.)

Also incorrect on moderators getting a free premium account. I pay for my premium just like everyone else does.

KD0FEO

Wright County, MN
Feed Provider
So what I've gathered, I need to pay for premium and be a feed provider in order to get the badge? Doesn't make sense if it's complimentary for feeding. Do I have that info wrong?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So what I've gathered, I need to pay for premium and be a feed provider in order to get the badge? Doesn't make sense if it's complimentary for feeding. Do I have that info wrong?
Actually you have it backwards. Let's try this again.
  • If you have paid for a premium membership, the Premium Subscriber badge/banner will appear under your username in the forums as long as that membership is active
  • If you provide a feed, the Feed Provider badge/banner will appear under your username
  • If you both provide a feed AND have an active paid premium membership, the Premium Subscriber badge/banner is the one that will take priority, and that will appear in the forum (not Feed Provider)
If you only want Feed Provider to appear, then don't pay for a premium membership. If you already have the paid premium membership, you'll just have to wait until it expires for the Feed Provider to show up.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Actually you have it backwards. Let's try this again.
  • If you have paid for a premium membership, the Premium Subscriber badge/banner will appear under your username in the forums as long as that membership is active
  • If you provide a feed, the Feed Provider badge/banner will appear under your username
  • If you both provide a feed AND have an active paid premium membership, the Premium Subscriber badge/banner is the one that will take priority, and that will appear in the forum (not Feed Provider)
If you only want Feed Provider to appear, then don't pay for a premium membership. If you already have the paid premium membership, you'll just have to wait until it expires for the Feed Provider to show up.

I believe something is afoot with his account. Some feed providers slipped through the cracks as far as showing as such. Maybe @blantonl can look into it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Fair enough, you would know better than I would. Actually upon second look at his main RR profile, I don't see the premium subscriber badge, only feed provider and amateur operator. That means my assumption that he had paid for a subscription is likely wrong, and it's just a glitch.

Hang tight, kd0feo, it'll probably get fixed at some point. You can also send an email to support@radioreference.com to get a direct line to help with this.

KD0FEO

Wright County, MN
Feed Provider
I used to have a paid subscription back in the day when I did my first go around with digital scanning but that has lapsed for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.