preprogramed scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terp

I haven't recieved my GRE PSR-500 yet, but I've been reading a owners manual that I downloaded. the scanner that I ordered will be preprogramed, my question is when I turn on scanner for first time do I create new objects? thanks

SCPD

QRT
do you mean you downloaded the program to use in programming the scanner?. If so all you need is get the cable talking to the scanner ( software) then use the IMPORT feature(included in the premium membership) to transfer (import )to the program, Then you will need to save tthat to your computer ( back up) then load from the program into the scanner. I know this probably as clear as mud.. feel free to ask more ???:)

Last edited:

qlajlu

Silent Key
I haven't recieved my GRE PSR-500 yet, but I've been reading a owners manual that I downloaded. the scanner that I ordered will be preprogramed, my question is when I turn on scanner for first time do I create new objects? thanks

All GREs are pre-programmed with V-Scanner folders full of various systems. My question is: Is the pre-programming you are getting personalized? In other words, when you ordered your scanner, did you tell them what you wanted included? That will determine if you will be able to simply turn it on and go with it.

I also suggest you return to your User CP and add a city to your location...or at least a county. Indiana is a very large place. It does make it easier for us to answer any questions you might have because they are generally location specific.

qlajlu

Silent Key
yes they are programing 2 counties

Then you should be able to simply turn it on and start enjoying things. Of course you know that you can always return here to RR for advice or to ask questions.

I would also suggest that you study up on programming because people always want to add or subtract things and it would be good for you to know how on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.