Preprogrammed SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the trunked radio system which covers your area. James City / York / Williamsburg Trunking System, Various, Virginia (radioreference.com) Almost all law enforcement is encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Mode DE is fully encrypted. How far are you from the Newport News/Williamsburg International and Williamsburg-Jamestown Airports? Here is the link for downloading and installing Sentinel, free programming software provided by Uniden: BCDx36HPSentinel < UnidenMan4 < TWiki You don't need to wait for the scanner to install the software.

Last edited:

TheSnake

Here is the trunked radio system which covers your area. James City / York / Williamsburg Trunking System, Various, Virginia (radioreference.com) Almost all law enforcement is encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Mode DE is fully encrypted. How far are you from the Newport News/Williamsburg International and Williamsburg-Jamestown Airports? Here is the link for downloading and installing Sentinel, free programming software provided by Uniden: BCDx36HPSentinel < UnidenMan4 < TWiki You don't need to wait for the scanner to install the software.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered the unit from Bearcat Warehouse, looking forward to it's arrival. Oh, I'm under the flight path of the NNVA Int'l airport. Yay. Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here are the ATC frequencies for Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. They are all AM. Place an AVOID (Lockout) on the KPHF ATIS frequency. It is a continuous transmission with airport information. It will hang up your scanning if it isn't avoided.

118.700KPHF Tower VHF
257.900KPHF Tower UHF
121.900KPHF Ground VHF
348.600KPHF Ground UHF
121.650KPHF Clear VHF
225.400KPHF Clear UHF
122.950KPHF Unicom
128.650KPHF ATIS
125.700Norfolk Approach
124.900Norfolk Depart
121.500Aero Emerg VHF
243.000Aero Emerg UHF

Last edited:

TheSnake

Here are the ATC frequencies for Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport. They are all AM. Place an AVOID (Lockout) on the KPHF ATIS frequency. It is a continuous transmission with airport information. It will hang up your scanning if it isn't avoided.

118.700KPHF Tower VHF
257.900KPHF Tower UHF
121.900KPHF Ground VHF
348.600KPHF Ground UHF
121.650KPHF Clear VHF
225.400KPHF Clear UHF
122.950KPHF Unicom
128.650KPHF ATIS
125.700Norfolk Approach
124.900Norfolk Depart
121.500Aero Emerg VHF
243.000Aero Emerg UHF

Thank you; I will check them out as soon as I can. Mike

scanfreqer

Scanfreqer
Premium Subscriber
I bought mine from Radioworld in Toronto and didn't have the option for preprogrammed. I had watched many You tube videos before I purchased mine. There was definitely a learning lesson, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard to make your own favorites lists and so on. You can always delete and start again.

ninety7gt

Hello, all. I'm looking hard at buying an SDS100; many options to choose from exist that I never knew about until recently. Can anyone tell me, from practical experience, if getting a preprogrammed SD card with the radio purchase is worthwhile? If it is, why? What will I gain? Any information is appreciated.
Two Christmases ago my husband bought me an sds100. I was very happy he ordered it preprogrammed by scanner master. They did an outstanding job listing what I wanted to hear. What a wonderful Christmas morning.

Hi. I live in York County, VA. I like to listen to pretty much everything, but in particular enjoy following EMS and aircraft traffic. Thanks, Mike

Sarah

Quadpilot1

I got my SDS-100 from the same place you did but I had them program my county and with one phone call to them they also added a few things I wanted to the program. Every May the Thunderbirds fly over my house for AFA Graduation, so they added it. Since I have no urge to have to learn how to program then this was money well spent for me. At my age I have no urge to sit in front of a computer to try and learn something I can do without since my radio now has all that I want to listen to. I am sure that this will cause some consternation among the others, but it is my money!

TheSnake

I got my SDS-100 from the same place you did but I had them program my county and with one phone call to them they also added a few things I wanted to the program. Every May the Thunderbirds fly over my house for AFA Graduation, so they added it. Since I have no urge to have to learn how to program then this was money well spent for me. At my age I have no urge to sit in front of a computer to try and learn something I can do without since my radio now has all that I want to listen to. I am sure that this will cause some consternation among the others, but it is my money!
Hi. No, I agree with you about programming - that's one of the big reasons I got this radio - I don't have to program, just download the freq's from Uniden's Sentinel. I have other hobbies, notably knifemaking, that I would rather spend the majority of my time on. I'm going to sell my WS1065 this week as it has now been replaced. Mike

TheSnake

Thanks for all the great info, everyone! I'm very happy with the unit, and am doing fine with it myself and no "professional" programming. I bought a couple of antennas (Remtronix, other) to replace the stock; I live in a low area and just don't get great reception at the house, but in the truck driving around it is much better. Mike

ninety7gt

I wouldn’t get it preprogrammed why pay for something that usually takes 15-20 minutes yourself and plus you learn more about how your scanner works.

Why would anyone else care? Everyone is free to do what is comfortable for them. Different strokes for different folks. I am thankful my husband had my sds100 programmed and ready for me on Christmas morning.
Program it later on after the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.