• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

President lincoln 2 radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having issues with this radio whenever i transmit on lsb no matter were i turn the clarifier knob People tell me i m off frequency can i adjust thé clarifier from the menu thank you

kny2xb

DISCLAIMER: I do not have this radio [I would like to get one],

I was watching a youtube video about it that states that you can adjust your tuning step size from the menu,
if you adjust your steps small enough, you wouldn't need the clarifier
it sounds almost like having a VFO built into the radio

I looked at the manual online and didn't see the menu setting for the step sizes listed
so it may be a "secret" or "hidden" function

NoiseLimited

On a standard, unmodified radio, the clarifier will have NO impact on your transmit frequency. If it has been modified, your "slider" may be causing you to be off frequency and if the mod was not properly done, there may not be enough adjustment to put it back on the right frequency. If it is a standard radio, there are 2 adjustments for SSB frequency. But you need a good frequency counter and the proper specs to adjust the frequency. Oh, and the pcb layout to know where the adjustment points are.

JayMojave

I bought my Lincoln 2 radio from a "Kitchen Table Radio Hack" and had the Clarifier modified so that it tunes in both receive and transmit at the same time. Great radio but I had to read the book on it somewhat. Ever since the 1960's SSB Radios have needed to have the clarifier track both transmit and receive.

I've heard the argument that with modern SSB Radios one doesn't need a modified clarifier because all the newer radios are all on the same frequency. WRONG! Many older radios are out there, and many Ham radios are out there, and many operators don't know how to tune there SSB Radios for dead nutzz center slot, so one needs a clarifier that again tracks both transmit and receive at the same time.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert A wise man from many years of life's experiences and the great spirt, once said its always best to carry a extra gallon of gas on ones dirt bike, pushing ones dirt bike back to camp in the hot sun is what the great sprit had in mine for us. Have a Happy 4th of July weekend.

2IR473

Premium Subscriber
The President Lincoln II has a “hidden” service menu that will make the adjustment you need. If you still need to know the process, I can detail it for you, but the particular menu item will allow you to adjust the BFO for each mode.
If you don’t have test equipment to measure the frequency, you would at least need another radio, known to be “on frequency”, to tune to.

2IR473

Premium Subscriber
This YouTube video shows the procedure...
President Lincoln II engineering menu

This is not my video, but I have used the procedure shown, and it works. I had to make slight adjustments to both my Lincoln II and Lincoln II+, and it got the LSB TX where I wanted it.

JayMojave

Yo 21IR473: Good deal, I had no idea that a "Engineering Program" existed. Wonder if there is any documentation on all this for the Lincoln II Radio?
Thanks

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Chronic

Its funny how modern ham equipment works with out a modified "Clairifier" hahahahah . And there is still plenty of "OLD" equipment out there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.