• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Prgraming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocklover26

Hi I Have A Motorola Mtx838 That I Sent Out To Get Programed And The Guy That Did It Did Not Do It Right And Now The Radio Is Messed Up. I Got Motorola To Send Me The Software To Reprogram It Myself But I Have Noe Idea On How To Do It. So Is There Like A Book Out There That Will Help Me And Guide Me Thru The Programing Or No? Also If There Is Can Someone Fax Or E-mail Me A Copy Of It Or Tell Me Where I Can Get One From? Is It Hard To Program Them? The Radio Is The Twin To The Mts2000 From Motorola And Uses A Ht1000 Or Mts2000 Ribless Cable To Program. If Someone Can Help Me I Would Be Great Full.

Thank You

Drew

SKiPDoG

Motorola radios are very hard to program if you have never done it before. I've been programming them for about 4 years now and I still get stumped on them from time to time. Programming multiple trunked systems into MTS2000 radios are not fun since there is only DOS programs for them.

jocklover26

Mtx838 Software

Does Anyone Have The Programing Software For The Motorola Mtx838? If So Can You Send It To Me Or E-mail It To Me? I Got One From A Guy But It Will Not Work As It Is Not The Right One.

Thank You For All Your Help.

Drew

grem467

NO! that would be HIGHLY illegal.

the ONLY legal place to get it is to purchase it from Motorola directly.

blueline_308

tHERE iS a rEASON tHAT jOE sIX pACK sHOULD nOT hAVE aCCESS tO pROGRAMMIING sOFTWARE....eMERGENCY cOMMUNICATIONS aRE tOO iMPORTANT tO bE dISRUPTED bY pEOPLE pLAYING aROUND. iF yOU hAVE a lEGITIMATE uSE fOR tRANSMITTING oN tHAT rADIO, tHEN yOU wILL bE aBLE tO fIND sOMEONE wHO cAN pROGRAM iT fOR yOU...lIKE a pROFESSIONAL MOTO sHOP.

The odd typing is in response to how the OP typed...just having some fun. Oh, and I hope no one will email this guy any pirated software.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well this has gone on too far already.

To the OP, if you are indeed the victim of bad programming by a dealer, I suggest you take it up with the dealer directly. No one here is going to provide you any assistance in obtaining programming materials.

This thread is closed.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Do NOT request radio programming software on this board.

Go to Batlabs and do it so you can learn how important it is to not ask publicly.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.