Pro-106 Lee County Fl

marcus45

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I live in Lee County Fl. I own a Pro-106. I have tried to find any trunked systems I can still hear. Everything seems to be either encrypted or a system my scanner won’t receive. Some I think have changed since the last RR update.
Does anyone have information regarding my area. At least I still get a fair bit of conventional traffic. Thank you.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Hello, I live in Lee County Fl. I own a Pro-106. I have tried to find any trunked systems I can still hear. Everything seems to be either encrypted or a system my scanner won’t receive. Some I think have changed since the last RR update.
Does anyone have information regarding my area. At least I still get a fair bit of conventional traffic. Thank you.
Lee County operates a Phase II system, as does much of the surrounding area. You'll need a Phase II capable scanner to monitor anything.

LarryVavrek

And the only thing you will be able to hear is hose draggers and throw & go units as all LE are encrypted. Also forgot to mention garbage trucks and maintenance personnel. So much for scanning hobby.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Lee County operates a Phase II system, as does much of the surrounding area. You'll need a Phase II capable scanner to monitor anything.
The Lee County system is phase 2 capable. The database shows that all of the talkgroups are currently phase 1 (D in Mode column). All law enforcement is encrypted. You will not be able to monitor anything with mode DE which is fully encrypted. De talkgroups are encrypted part of the time. You will be able to monitor fire and public works including the beloved garbage trucks. Do you have programming software?

Nasby

The “good stuff” or what’s left of it (fire/ems) in Lee County is on a phase 2 simulcast system. The Pro106 can’t receive phase 2.

Even though the database shows there are phase 1 talkgroups on the Lee County System I never received anything with my Phase 1 scanner. I suspect that all of the talkgroups are actually phase 2. I had to use my SDS to hear anything on the system.

marcus45

Premium Subscriber
The Lee County system is phase 2 capable. The database shows that all of the talkgroups are currently phase 1 (D in Mode column). All law enforcement is encrypted. You will not be able to monitor anything with mode DE which is fully encrypted. De talkgroups are encrypted part of the time. You will be able to monitor fire and public works including the beloved garbage trucks. Do you have programming software?
Yes, I have programming software. I have been listening to conventional traffic. Thanks to all. I just wanted to verify would I thought I knew. I guess I'll have to start saving money. With my luck the county will change after I buy a new scanner.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I can only go with what the database says from my location. Hopefully, someone local will jump in with the final word if the talkgroups are phase 1 or phase 2.