Pro-106 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of programming my 106 manually. I have Franklin Parish in scanlist 1. When I put Richland Parish in according to this date ( 1-14-21 ) it ends up in both scanlists 1 & 2. Would someone please read the steps posted on 1-14-21 and see if the steps are correct. Please help and please do not delete like my last 2.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Perhaps you can find someone locally who can help you. Since you've asked many questions in these forums, some of them repeatedly, I'm not sure that getting help online is going to be successful for you.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I am in the process of programming my 106 manually.
It would save you a lot of time and trouble to get a cheap Windows computer and programming software. You can use ARC500, Win500, or PSREdit500 software with the Pro-106. There have been problems getting the key for Win500. I like Butel ARC500. ARC500 Basic is all you need to program your scanner. The Pro version provides additional logging functions. You will be able to use your Premium Subscription to download programming directly from the Radio Reference database.

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of programming my 106 manually.
I'd advise against manual programming when possible since mistakes are often made. There are a few software apps that can be used to assist with programming and give you a better picture of what scan banks look like so you can more easily modify them to your liking. I've had great success using ARC500 when i owned a Pro-106 a decade ago. Seeing you have a premium subscription to RR, this can be used to import data directly from the RR database.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'd advise against manual programming when possible since mistakes are often made.
The Pro-197 is the mobile version of the Pro-106. I programmed a Pro-197 manually for a large county system, complete with all talkgroups and alpha tags. I wish I hadn't. It is soooo.... much faster and easier using programming software. I also programmed a Uniden BC296D manually. I wore out the volume knob scrolling through characters for the alpha tabs. Once you use software, you will never go back to manual programming. It's good to know how to program manually if there is something you want to add when your computer is not available.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Programming has nothing to do with dates. If you manually added something, go back into that item, scroll the scan lists, and uncheck it from the number of the list you do not want it on. (The asterisk will go away, when deselected.)

Thank you for the replies. We do not have the money to buy even a cheap computer. I have not had many problems on this site until now. All I asked was to confirm the steps mentioned above. I can not post anything with out approval which I still do not understand.
Thank you

yes I know how to program manually. Please read my pots above. I explained my FTD many times in the past. It is slowly getting worse. I have asked nicely in the past for help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have asked nicely in the past for help.
-
And many folks have tried to help you in the past, for the same questions. Did you read all the answers in this thread for the same question you are asking now?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I hit: pgm
F1 new
F1 tgrp
Scanlist 1with Asterix
Sel
Right arrow to scanlist 2
Sel. Puts Asterix on scanlist 2
Down to toys
P25 auto
Scanlist tag. RIGHT ARROW TO END OF NAME
Func then cl
Pgm name
Done
Down to freq option

So this was from your previous post. It sounds like the problem now is that you aren't deselecting scanlist 1. After you enter the new item you want and you go to the scanlist selection you need to make sure you turn the asterisk off for #1 and on for #2.

I suspect if you edit the item that is giving you the trouble you'll see an asterisk on scanlist 1 & 2

The above post is exactly what I am trying to ask. Each time I program a different parish in scanlist 2 it ends up in scanlist 1. What happens is the cc and ac for Richland parish and talk groups ends up in scanlist 2 along with Franklin Parish. I am a christain and I would not treat others this way no matter how many times they ask.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Well religions aside as that has nothing to do with your problem.. Can you confirm if there is an asterisk beside scanlist 1 on the items that you want to be in scanlist 2? People here are just trying to help. You aren't giving us any confirmation if you are actually trying what people are suggesting. I have a pro 106 in my hand right now. I can easily walk you through step by step if you can answer the questions being asked.

I press sel to remove the * from scanlist 1 then right arrow to scanlist 2 then press sel. Then I proceed to the next step as posted on 1-14-21 but I think there is a step missing, because when I use each step the info for Richland parish ends up in scanlist 1 along with Franklin Parish. I hope this explains my problem better.
Thank you

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
So let's try this to see what exactly is in scanlist 1 and see if it helps

Hit 'man'
Use the < or > arrow to navigate to where you see 01-00xx in the top left of your scanner. This is scanlist 1.
Use the up or down buttons to scroll through the items in scan list 1. You'll see the number in top left change from 01-0001 to 01-0002 and so on. When you reach the end you'll hear a beep.

At this point you may have found something in that scan list that shouldn't be there. If so, stop on that item then press 'PGM'
Press 'edit' (f2)
Press 'curr' (f2)
Press 'sel' to turn the asterisk off be '01'
Press the right arrow to see scanlist '02'
Press 'sel' to turn the asterisk on
Press 'save' (f1)
Preas 'man' again to go to the next item if there is one and start the process over if needed.

To cmjonesinc: I did like you said above I had 2 talk groups for Richland parish in scanlist 1 and now they are in scanlist 2. Now I need to confirm the process the programming steps as posted 1-14 -21.
Thank you and God bless

Well, I have good news i found some of my notebooks and my easier to read book for the pro 106. I will try and work on my 106 with the info I found today. But please all I ask is that everybody be patient with me considering my condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.