PRO-106 Trunking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB2EN

Premium Subscriber
I currently monitor the Green Bay, WI Fire and Police which is an analog Motorola 800 system. My Pro 106 sometimes picks up they system, and as of late not at all. My Pro 90 is spot on for picking up the system and is crystal clear. Is there something I can do or change settings wise to get better reception with the Pro 106?

On a side note, the 106 picks up VHF fire/police much better than the 90. Any idea why these two scanners can be polar opposites?

Thanks much for any help.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
What sort of antenna do you have on the radios? Where do you have the two radios placed?

800 MHz has a short wavelength, so moving the radio a small distance might take it out of a null point.

As for why the radios would be different: part tolerances and adjustments to the RF sections.

GB2EN

Premium Subscriber
What sort of antenna do you have on the radios? Where do you have the two radios placed?

800 MHz has a short wavelength, so moving the radio a small distance might take it out of a null point.

As for why the radios would be different: part tolerances and adjustments to the RF sections.

I am using the stock antenna's that came with the scanners.

Pro 106 is located in the living room, and the Pro 90 is in my office next to two computers and a TV.

garys

Premium Subscriber
My experience with a PSR 600 and Pro 197 is that VHF and UHF are very good, but 800 Mhz is weak compared to comparable Uniden scanners. The GRE/RS scanners are also more prone to interference on 800 then the Uniden DMA scanners.

Using a PSR 600 at work, I get a lot of hash and interference on an 800 Mhz trunking system compared to listening to the same system on my 996XT in my truck.

You might want to try the RS 800 Mhz rubber duckie antenna, it might help to receive the system on the Pro 106.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
My experience with a PSR 600 and Pro 197 is that VHF and UHF are very good, but 800 Mhz is weak compared to comparable Uniden scanners. The GRE/RS scanners are also more prone to interference on 800 then the Uniden DMA scanners.

The GRE-built units are not weaker, they are more susceptible to overload.

Using a PSR 600 at work, I get a lot of hash and interference on an 800 Mhz trunking system compared to listening to the same system on my 996XT in my truck.

How does your 996 perform, when next to the PSR-600? Conversely, how does the PSR-600 perform when connected to the same setup as your 996?

When making a comparison, it has to be on a level playing field.

morris county trunk radio system is a mot vhf uhf but i am not getting anything on my pro 106 i put all comm code in

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

855602 said:
morris county trunk radio system is a mot vhf uhf but i am not getting anything on my pro 106 i put all comm code in

Huh?

DickH

Since you may be new to this group it is considered in bad taste to "hijack" threads (post your new question in another person's thread).
If you have a question you ought to start a new thread, perhaps in your state's forum. Just scroll way down and you'll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.