Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanrygula

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the scanner community. I live in Joliet Il. I am using scancat lite to program the scanner. I followed instructions and programmed what I think are frequencies for Joliet PD using a motorolla II trunking selection. I receive nothing on the scanner. I can search manually on the bank and see the talk groups and things but I get nothing. The firmware on the scanner is RU1.9 RF1.4 VocVer Rf1.0. Is this the latest firmware. I also read some things about having to re-band for Joliet Police. This I have no idea about. Is there someone who could give some guidance on this.

Thanks

Stan

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Dude first get a premium subscription here,second get Win500 so you can properly program your Pro 106 using the database for your state from radioreference,you won't go wrong. DON'T use scancat lite it is crap.

stanrygula

Premium Subscriber
And Dude how does this answer my question? How does this tell me about re-banding?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The database is updated as rebanding takes place. We just finished in Michigan, and had to redo our lists. If you use one of the software programs, it will pull in the correct information when you make your site and talk group choices. Try using the search feature and see what you hear. If you still don't pick up anything, it may be a radio problem. If you are hearing transmissions, then it is a programming problem.

stanrygula

Premium Subscriber
I hear other transmissions I have programmed on other banks. Its just the one bank I had programmed for JPD gets not transmissions.

K5TXC

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Joliet is on the STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois P25 system. Unfortunately it appears that all talkgroups are encrypted, police, fire, and public works. The Pro 106 won't receive that. Another city hiding their operations from the people that pay their salaries.

stanrygula

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Looks like the Dude that wanted me to buy another program would not of helped at all either I guess.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The programs for the Pro 106 are available with a free 30 day trial. That gives you a chance to see how and if they work for you. No scanner or programming software can break the encryption legally.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I live in Joliet,IL, the city PD and FD have gone as mentioned above to Starcom Digital completely "ENC"= no more....SOL....Listen to the County!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.