PRO-107 & Attenuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoleman

Wondering if any of the 107 owners has noticed this behavior....

I'm sure most of us have certain areas within our homes where RF and certain frequencies just don't play well together and you need to either attenuate or lockout that frequency.

I've noticed with the 107, that if I attenuate said frequency, once the scanner rolls back to that freq, the scanner pauses on it and all the information is displayed on screen for that frequency including the "A" where attenuation is turned on.

I do not experience this with any other scanner I own.... once attenuated that's that!

I'll add that I've seen this behaviour on both AM & FM modes with frequencies in 118~136 MHz range and the 153~155 MHz range. I usually end up "skip"ing the frequency.

So, I wonder if this is a bug and can it be corrected with firmware update.

Any thoughts....

Keith

CStarr59

Mine seem to work and receive best with the global attenuator on "G". I've never noticed the behavior you speak of in the "G" mode though. I never have the "A" enabled as it cuts my reception back to much.

kcoleman

Mine seem to work and receive best with the global attenuator on "G". I've never noticed the behavior you speak of in the "G" mode though. I never have the "A" enabled as it cuts my reception back to much.

Let me clarify.... I'm not globally attenuated, the attenuation is applied only to individual frequencies in question.

Thanks,
Keith

DonS

To clarify: If you see the 'G' but not the 'A', then the scanner is in "global attenuation mode", but the attenuator is turned off. That is, nothing is ever attenuated.

CStarr59

Thank you Don, I guess I was always a little confused about the way the attenuator worked. Since that's cleared up, sorry Keith I didn't mean to side track your original question...

N1BHH

Cable converter boxes, microwave ovens, computers, televisions and many more devices in your home will play havoc with your scanners. I have several sources I am still trying to locate that causes desensitization of my ham gear as well as my scanners. You just have to snoop around to find what is causing troubles.

kcoleman

N1BHH,

Thanks for the input... but it's not the source of the RF that I'm interested in. It's the behavior of the radio! The same frequency in my other radios has to be attenuated, but once attenuated that is that. But the 107 being my newest radio has a different tendency when frequencies are attenuated.

For instance, right now I have 363.000 attenuated, every cycle the radio pauses on that freq, puts all the info on the screen, no snap, crackle, or pop from the radio, then continues on to the next cycle.

Anyway, I'm curious if this might be a bug in the 107's but so far no one else has said they have seen this happen. It's not something that will make me stop using the radio... just sharing something interesting that I'm experiencing.

Thanks,
Keith

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I've tried this with several different frequencies in the 118~136 MHz range/153~155 MHz range, with several different configs, including using specifically 363.000, and have not been able to reproduce it.

Have you tried adjusting your squelch at all, just to see if it stops it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.