pro 107 vs pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking about gettng the pro 107 iscan, does anybody know if its a better buy than the 164. I heard you cant program your own freqs into it....also is there free software online to program the 107...any help would be greatly appreciated........thanks

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-107 or PSR-700

I am thinking about gettng the pro 107 iscan, does anybody know if its a better buy than the 164.
That depends on what you want to listen to, and how "involved" in this hobby you want to be.

I heard you cant program your own freqs into it....also is there free software online to program the 107...any help would be greatly appreciated........thanks
If you do a search for PRO-107 in the RS forum you'll find tons of information. Here are a couple of main threads that should address your basic questions:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...nually-enter-frequencies-iscan-pro-107-a.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/ra...186-iscan-post-release-discussion-thread.html

While the receiver section of a PRO-107 and PRO-164 (PSR-300) are virtually identical, it is the user interface that is quite different. If you are someone that just sits at home and listens to channels in your area, the '164 will probably be a better choice for you. If you travel a lot, take your scanner with you, and want to listen to what is going on, the '107 will probably be a better choice.

My present main scanner is a PSR-300 (PRO-164). I travel quite a bit and I spend a LOT of time finding, organizing and logging channels I listen to. For me it is part of the hobby. It takes a lot of my time to do this, and is a mundane activity for most people. So if you want a better answer to your question, you'll have to give us more details on what you listen to and what level of involvement you enjoy.

pvtdoherty

anyone know if you can access the radio reference live audio feeds on the radio shack pro 107???

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
No scanners I'm aware of can connect to the Internet and decode live audio feeds. However, many of the newer cell-phones can have apps loaded which will do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.