pro-107

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupton50

I have seen a lot of posts here concerning the pro-107. Does anyone recommend this unit? I am thinking of getting it but I don't want to feel like I should have gotten something else in a couple of months. Is it a digital scanner. It's on sale for $129.99. Is there a big difference between the pro-107, pro-106, and the pro-164?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
No, it is an analog scanner. See here for details: Pro-107 - The RadioReference Wiki

It's a good scanner, if you have analog transmissions to listen to. If your agencies have gone digital, then it may not provide much fun.

Part of this answer depends on what you want to listen to, where you are in relation to the agency, etc.

Any of the newer analog scanners will run about $150 (less with sales). Digital adds alot more to the price....

Checkout the RR wiki for details about RadioShack scanners: Category:Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

You may not NEED a digital scanner (Shelby County, right?), but some of the local agencies MAY adopt the P25 digital mode OR you could listen to (mostly encrypted) federal agencies in digital......

The analog and digital capable scanners are similar in many ways, including programming, etc. I have two digital scanners and listen to alot in analog mode, including public safety and aviation.

Poke around in the Tennessee forum and see if your area is going to digital modes. There are more types of digital transmission (e.g., NXDN, MotoTRBO) that cannot be scanned with a handheld scanner (disclaimer: some can be scanned, but require a computer, certain software, and a radio - if the agency isn't encrypted, of course).

Last edited:

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
I have several questions about programming my iSCAN Pro-107 -

I am specifically trying to program the Utah UCAN Trunk - The manual is not clear about "duplicating" trunk systems with tg's and how it works. There isn't any information I can find on the internet either or in the RR Forums. I am trying to program from Weber County. I can get control channels from Box Elder, Davis and Tooele Counties from my location. Testing shouldn't be that difficult but it has caused hours of frustration!

Here it goes. Only trying to program UCAN (Utah Communications Agency Network) which is becoming statewide as time goes on with NO conventional frequencies. Reference is established with 4 other scanners running in conventional mode on standard frequencies. Scanner one tracking Weber Simulcast. Second - Mount Ogden. Third - Promintory Point. Fourth - Davis Simulcast.

If I program only one playlist with the iSCAN software and have all 57 sites and about 800 tg's in one playlist the pro-107 will eventually pick up most of the tg's programmed but scanning is slow and I miss most of the conversations in their entirety. Trying to follow anything on this huge radio system is a nightmare! I believe the county I live in is the smallest in the state so if I go anywhere I have to go to a different county to get there -hence the need for multiple configurations.

I have tried importing multiple "UCAN" entries to each playlist but it only imports one trunk system. This will not let me break down the sites and tg's by county or by entity. I have tried multiple sdcards with different configurations but having no success.

What needs to happen is to setup playlist 1 with Box Elder County and sites relative to this county along with tg's for this county. Playlist 2 with Cache-Rich Counties and their sites and tg's. Playlist 3 Weber-Morgan Counties etc. So when the system changes I can easily change the tower configuration and tg's. But I cannot find a way to do this.

Duplicating the trunk system breaks everything!

There is so many things I've tried with no success any help would be appreciated!

Paul

Last edited:

dxradio2003

Multiple sites

Hi,

That is the problem I have also monitoring a different system. I believe this is the way the firmware/software is designed and it is flawed. The only way I believe you can change this is by entering the sites manually (a pain).

---dxradio

moustache

pmstewart, when you selct the statewide system in the livary import, there is two buttons that appear just to the right of the box with the system in it. One button is for talkgroups and one button is for sites, click on whichever you want and select the individual sites and talkgroups, then import to whichever playlist you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.