PRO-162 SAME Weather Alert Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4ULW

Has anyone else had trouble with their PRO-162 decoding the proper digital FIPS code to activate the weather alert feature? After setting the proper local county code and setting the FIPS menu to Custom, it still is alerting for other counties not entered. I noticed that it seemed to be alerting when the 1050Hz tone sounds (Weather Priority) AFTER the digital code is sent. It will display the correct watch/warning, so it looks like it is receiving the data stream.

I made sure that the Wx Priority Scan OFF was set correctly. The test digital alert tone feature operates normally.

Is there something that I am missing?

Other than that I am impressed with the features and display, no problem with reception.

Last edited:

k9jdk

No SAME problems here

I have 2 counties programmed into my 162 and will probably do a few more. So far, no false alarms, and the SAME test mode seems to work as per the manual.

I used the same procedure you did to program the FIPS codes.

mcema699

If I've misunderstood how you have the unit programmed, I apologize before making this suggestion.

Make sure that you don't have any wx freq entered into any banks except the special wx bank. This is ony for testing purposes. If you want to put them back in after SAME works for you, OK.

Make sure that the scanner has been placed in SAME standby mode. The radio is not a scanner at this point. It only monitors the wx channel and will not scan or recieve any other frequencies.

I am going from the manuals of several RS scanners I own. I do not have access to the 162 manual.

KD4ULW

I've only been using the WX band button and the unit will go into SAME standby mode. It will alert and tell me the type of statement, it just does it for all counties instead of the one I programed and set for CUSTOM FIPS decode.

Thanks for the suggestion and for your input in trying to figure out this problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.