Pro-162

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin390

I ordered a pro-162 from 1-800-TheShack today and I forgot to ask the guy if my order was beening shipped from Texas. I know this might sound dumb but are all products shipped out of Texas or do they have warehouses elsewhere? Thanks for your time.......Ray

CStarr59

Radio shack has fairly quick shipping. I'm not exactly where it comes from, but I have ordered several things and it's usually around 3 days from warehouse to the store.

Statevillian

When the local store ordered mine....when they first came out and were ONLY $169.00....the shipping tracking showed mine came from a warehouse in OHIO, not Texas. The clerk...at the store in Lombard, IL., on Roosevelt Road told me it would be coming from there. He was not a genius when it came to knowing scanners but he knew the process for ordering, shipping, delivery, etc., like a champ. He was dead on with everything he said. So, to answer the original question...Ohio might be one of your possibilites if they have it in stock there.

When the local store ordered mine....when they first came out and were ONLY $169.00....the shipping tracking showed mine came from a warehouse in OHIO, not Texas. The clerk...at the store in Lombard, IL., on Roosevelt Road told me it would be coming from there. He was not a genius when it came to knowing scanners but he knew the process for ordering, shipping, delivery, etc., like a champ. He was dead on with everything he said. So, to answer the original question...Ohio might be one of your possibilites if they have it in stock there.

Wow, that was a good price, as they are $219 now!

Noklue3

For those interested, Scancat announced yesterday a new version that supports the 160 and 162: Version 1.4.4

My local Radioshack just switched to a new server and does not have it loaded yet.

Art

KW4EZR

I ordered a pro-162 from 1-800-TheShack today and I forgot to ask the guy if my order was beening shipped from Texas. I know this might sound dumb but are all products shipped out of Texas or do they have warehouses elsewhere? Thanks for your time.......Ray

When you get the Pro-162 give us a little run down on the radio. I was been interested in this radio for a long time. For an analog scanner, it has a really good looking feature set. I really like the 20 banks.

Thanks,
Darren

kevin390

The pro-162 has a big LCD screen. Easy to read. When in trunking mode, not only what tex you programmed in shows up but so does the frequency and the bank name. You can pause on a active ID by hitting the PSE button. In conventional mode, what tex you programmed in, the frequency,bank name and the P/L all show up on the LCD screen. The sound is good and crisp. I have had no problem with overload. What you have is 20 banks of 50 channels, which is great for my neck of the woods. You also have a SS bank that is for the Signal Stalker. Which automatically stores the first 10 frequencies that the SS pick ups. The Banks are a little different to get to, you hit the FUNC button then the Bank button. I have a couple of Pro-97's and this scanner blows rings around them. It's defiantly an upgrade to the pro-528. Same looks except for the bigger LCD. In my option its one of Radio Shacks better scanners. Easy to program, big LCD to see and great sound. Which means it probably won't be around much longer. If you looking for a analog trunk-tracker buy this one you won't be disappointed...........Ray

k9jdk

Agree w/Ray

The pro-162 has a big LCD screen. Easy to read. When in trunking mode, not only what tex you programmed in shows up but so does the frequency and the bank name. You can pause on a active ID by hitting the PSE button. In conventional mode, what tex you programmed in, the frequency,bank name and the P/L all show up on the LCD screen. The sound is good and crisp. I have had no problem with overload. What you have is 20 banks of 50 channels, which is great for my neck of the woods. You also have a SS bank that is for the Signal Stalker. Which automatically stores the first 10 frequencies that the SS pick ups. The Banks are a little different to get to, you hit the FUNC button then the Bank button. I have a couple of Pro-97's and this scanner blows rings around them. It's defiantly an upgrade to the pro-528. Same looks except for the bigger LCD. In my option its one of Radio Shacks better scanners. Easy to program, big LCD to see and great sound. Which means it probably won't be around much longer. If you looking for a analog trunk-tracker buy this one you won't be disappointed...........Ray

Gotta agree with Ray on the 162. I've had one for a month or so now, and I give it a solid thumbs up. Easy to program, very nice display and nice audio - same comments as Ray. You will not, IMO, be disappointed.

HTH

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Out of pure frustration with a 500.00 psr500 crapping out on me, I impulsed buyed at radio shack a pro 162 and wow!!!! What audio!!! Its nice to hear my pd again and what a nice looking unit. Yes,no digital but who cares when you can have a well performing scanner for 200.00 and have no audio issues!!!!!! ARE YOU READING THIS GRE????????? and by the way, still running after 14 hiurs on 4 alkaline duracells!!! Nice job radio shack!!!!!!

Last edited:

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Just a couple of questions! I see that it supports the 700MHz band. It also states that DCD decoding, but does it support CTCC decoding? It's not listed like in the Pro-164 specs. And, doe it support "rebanding"? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.